Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

150 Post! Berry Cheesecake Pie + Pie Crust!

Berry Cheesecake Pie - I mean look at that filling!

Recipe taken from here

Today is my 150 post blogiversary! I am so happy to have a gorgeous pie to go with this happy time for me. I may not have hundreds of followers, *cough, I only have six, I may not have any sponsors, I may not have a fancy layout, I may not have a lot of fancy recipes, however, I have SIX followers and it's better than zero, I have my friends who support me, I have a good enough layout, and I have recipes that not only have nourished me, they have awed those around me and they have taught me a lot about myself. These past couple months of blogging have given me experience, they have taught me about patience, especially those requiring time and lots of it, i.e. recipes including yeast or even trying to make certain candies. They have taught me that my career will definitely be something to do with food, or at least my home-life will be based around food. This will not only allow me to lead a healthier life, but when I do have kids, this is going to allow me to explore with their food. My children will not know boring food, their desserts will be fun, their meals will be full of flavour, and they will be healthy, unlike some of my foods growing up. I am so thankful to my blog. Since starting my blog, I have barely made the same meal twice. I think the only thing from my blog I have actually made twice is rice. I haven't wanted to make the same meal twice because I always want to take pictures for my blog, it may be an obsession but I just love posting, it makes me feel like I have something to offer the world, even if I only have a few followers. I do want to thank those who do follow, as well as those who follow silently and don't have accounts. I am so thankful and honored. I love this blog, and for the past few months it has taught me lessons and allowed me to explore with food in ways I didn't think I ever would. If I didn't have a place to post my pictures and the recipes in which I've tried I probably wouldn't make some of the foods I make, so thank you.

With that being said, I'm going to post my twelve favourite meals and my twelve favourite desserts, and then will post the recipe for berry cheesecake pie in celebration of my 150th blog post!

Berry Cheesecake Pie
Twelve Favourite Meals:

Salmon in Lemon Brodetto with Pea Puree
Rustic Potato Pizza
Caramelized Onion Tart
Broccoli and Goat Cheese Quiche
Curried Tofu with Green Apple and Carrots
Garden Fresh Eggplant
Ginger Fried Rice with an Egg
French Onion Soup
Tomato Tart
Spicy Sweet and Sour Tofu
Dhaniya Anda Curry
Barley Soup

Twelve Favourite Desserts:

Vanilla Rice Krispies Square with Sprinkles and Shreddies
Vanilla and Nutmeg Risotto with Fresh Berries
Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies
Mint Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies
Matcha Pancakes
Almond Lemon Cake
Quinoa Coconut Cookie
Spicy Tofu Cookies
World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
White Chocolate Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
Strawberry Loaf
White Chocolate Raspberry Scones

Berry Cheesecake Pie

Finally onto the recipe I haven't been able to wait to post! This was an absolutely amaziiiiing cheesecake/pie. Not only that, but was it ever gorgeous to look at! I mean, yeah... it might be a little American-crazy, but I mean the American colours are so gorgeous, I know Canada's is just one colour off, but that ONE colour makes a huuuuge difference. This cake was so refreshing, due to the berries on top. However, the crust/pie shell was to die for, and the filling, oh the filling, mmm it was divine. I don't want to go into detail about it, really I think you should just make it so that you could experience it yourself! It was wonderful, even people who were lactose intolerant couldn't resist trying it looked so good, and they didn't regret it afterward either, that's when you know it's good ;).

Berry Cheesecake Pie

yield: 1 pie

Directions:

  • Pie Dough, recipe below
  • 8 oz Cream Cheese
  • 1/2 cup Sugar
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups Strawberries, sliced
  • 1 cup Blueberries
  • 1 TBS Light colored Jam (any flavor such as orange, apricot, peach, etc)
  • Pie Dough Stars, pie dough star cut outs, baked 15 minutes
Berry Cheesecake Pie
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Press pie dough into a 9 inch pie pan. Reserve a small piece of pie dough, about 1/4 cup full and set aside for pie dough stars if using. Press dough up the side of the pie pan, and use your finger to press indentions to create a border. Place unbaked pie crust in the fridge.

Place the cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until creamy and fluffy. Add vanilla. With mixer (or hand mixer) on low speed, add eggs one at a time fully incorporating before adding the second egg.

Remove crust from the fridge and pour cheesecake batter into crust. Bake for 25- 30 minutes until firm and set in the center, and the crust is lightly tanned. Sprinkle cinnamon over the cake and crust immediately after removing from oven. Sprinkle over the stars (if using). Let cheesecake pie cool completely.

Rinse and pat dry the berries. Remove the stems from the strawberries and cut in quarters. Gently place the berries on top on the cheesecake.

Boil some water (in the microwave is easiest) and pour over the jam a tablespoon at a time until it has melted and is thick and syrupy. Use a pastry brush to brush the glaze over the berries. This will create the shiny, glossy look.

Place the stars on the pie up to three hours in advance to avoid them getting soft or stained. The pie can be made 24 hours in advance.

Perfect Pie Dough

Perfect Pie Dough

Ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup Milk
  • 2/3 cup Vegetable Oil
  • 2 1/4 cup Flour
  • 1 tsp Salt

Directions:

Measure the milk and vegetable and combine.

In a large bowl add the flour and salt. Pour the wet mixture over the dry and mix with a spoon.

Use this pie dough for any sweet or savory pie! Simply press in the pie pan rather than having to roll.

Berry Cheesecake Pie

Enjoy :)!

No comments: