Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recipe taken from here

When I saw this recipe my eyes lit up like a child's on Christmas morning. I was so excited at the thought of incorporating ice cream INTO a batter, and not sandwiching it in-between two cookies, doubling your cookie portion, and then if you were feeling glutinous and wanted two or three well that makes your total cookies six... that's a lot. This however was genial. Such a smart idea. Oh I couldn't wait, especially because my mom's boyfriend had also come home with a tub of vanilla ice cream, what are the chances?

To be honest, I still haven't tried these cookies :(. They have been sitting in my freezer along with some other cookies. I did however bring them to a friends party, and they got eaten up within seconds. Just like me, when people heard there was ice cream IN the cookies, they immediately became like deer in a headlight. Everyone seemed to enjoy them. I cannot wait to try them, I just haven't mustered up the will as of yet. I'm sure whenever I try them though they will be just as delectable (probably even more mind you), then I am imagining.

Ingredients:
  • 2 sticks softened butter
  • 1 Cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 Cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons pure vanilla
  • Heaping 1/2 Cup vanilla ice cream (frozen from container)
  • 4 Cups all purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 bag chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined. Add in ice cream until combined.

Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl; mix. Add to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips; mix until just combined. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are cooked through. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.

3-4 dozen cookies

Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies

Enjoy :)

No comments: