Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Broccoli and Goat Cheese Quiche

Apart from that crab quiche that I had made, this is on the same line for being my favourite quiche. I have never liked broccoli until I had put it into this quiche (really, I think that broccoli tastes' and smells like smelly feet). This definitely pushed into thinking that maybe I will one day make broccoli and make my children eat this tree-like vegetable. I made one for me, then made one for the bf's family and everyone devoured it. I was so happy! Mmm, it was sooo good!


Ingredients:

  • One yellow pepper
  • One package peppercorn goat cheese
  • 1 floret of broccoli
  • 1 yellow onion
  • 1/2 red onion
  • 12 eggs
  • VERY little cheddar
  • 8 shitake mushrooms
  • 6 button mushrooms
  • 4 stalks green onion
  • ¼ cup vanilla fortified soy milk
  • Sea salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 pie shells
Directions:

Cut your shitake and button mushrooms very thinly. Cut the stalks off the broccoli, mix in with the mushrooms, yellow and red onion. Add your chopped green onion. Mix the eggs and milk in. Add in your cheddar, salt and pepper, mix well. Pour your mix into your pie shells. Gently coat the top of your quiche with the goat cheese. Once that is done, cut your yellow pepper into cubes and place them on top of the cheese making a nice presentation.
Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 45 minutes or until middle is set.Enjoy :)

No comments: