Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Larabar knock-offs plus a delicious, refreshing treat.

As you all know chocolate has never been my best friend. Growing up, white "chocolate" was always the one I chose if I had to choose i.e. Easter Bunny, or our Hallowe'en treats (Cookies 'n Cream), even when it came to hot chocolate, white hot chocolates were always preferable, vanilla ice cream, white chocolate macadamia cookies etc, etc... However, there was an exception to the rule, and that is when it came down to peanut butter cups. Peanut butter has always been a friend of mine, and when peanut butter was mixed with either chocolate or even more amazingly Nutella, it's like the heavens came together and the world was singing this godly song. If I had to choose between Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Cookies 'n Cream, still to this day I'd have a hard time choosing... however, today it would be more so because of which ingredients do I not want to put in my body, which would probably be in both, but also because of tastes'.

I love, love, love peanut butter and chocolate. When my mom first bought us protein powder, we decided on peanut butter and chocolate chip, yes, it is decadent, and seriously makes me question every time I chug it down whether it really can be that good and that healthy at the same time.

Well, last night as I was driving home I was thinking of different concoctions I wanted to make this weekend. However, I wanted to incorporate these "truffles" I made on the weekend. Unfortunately I have not taken any pictures of them, and am currently at work but I wanted to post the recipe for the smoothie today so I figured I would do it regardless.

The truffles I made are Larabar knock-offs. They are so simple to make, percentages cheaper, oh so delicious, and you can sub in your favourite dried fruits/nuts to have it meet your taste buds. It turns out, my taste buds still haven't gotten their fix of Peanut Butter and Jam so I had to do something to push them on their way.

Peanut Butter and Jam Truffles. Divine. Sinful. Healthy. Orgasmic. Filling. ugh...

Recipe by me.

I've never tried the Peanut Butter and Jam Larabars, however, I feel as though they would taste similar to this...

1/4 cup dates + 1/4 dried cherries + 1/3 cup peanuts ...
In the bowl of your processor chop your nuts until little chunks form. Add your cherries and dates and process until a nice uniform ball comes together.
Roll into tiny little balls.
Gobble down.

Peanut Butter and Jam Smoothie

Recipe by me

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup chocolate soy milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 3 ice cubes
  • 5 Peanut Butter and Jam Truffles
  • 1 1/4 cup spinach
  • 2 tbsp peanut butter protein powder (if you don't have this one heaping tbsp homemade peanut butter)
  • Garnish: 1 Peanut Butter and Jam Truffles + white sprinkles just to make it pretty
Directions:

Blend all ingredients other than garnish together. Top with Peanut Butter and Jam Truffles and enjoy.

Optional: mix together 1 tbsp homemade peanut butter and 1/2 tbsp soy milk, microwave for 20 seconds, and drizzle over smoothie.

Coming soon: Peanut Butter and Jam "Blizzard"

No comments: