Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Peanut Butter Jelly Time

Oh my goodness! So ever since trying the heavenly unison of peanut butter and jam I am hooked. Hooked I tell ya! I love it. It is creamy, nutty, seedy, sweet, perfect, just perfect. I still cannot believe I had never had it before, but had this idiotic "fear" of it. Errr... right Sam. Since then, I have been putting it on anything that I feel comfortable enough try it with... not that I wouldn't try it on something odd like say... I'm not sure a carrot stick? I don't know, that was pathetic... Regardless.

Peanut Butter and Jam Panini

Recipe by me

I figured never having a peanut butter and jam sandwich before I should spruce it up a bit. Well, well my friends. I've been on a panini kick lately, so I thought what better way to steal my peanut butter and jam sandwich virginity away then making it a "grilled" version. Oh heck yes, come again please! Let me just say, this was so fantastic. The hot melted, creamy peanut butter with the melted sugary and sweet jam was a unison like no other. It came together like peanut butter and chocolate, like bananas and strawberries, like macaroni and cheese, oh it was heaven sent. I seriously gobbled this down in no time... I'm glad no one was there to record me because I probably would of set a record... oh my, just thinking of it now is making me want to head upstairs and make one... however, I finished off my homemade peanut butter today :(. Oh well, tomorrow I am making myself a whole other batch!

Ingredients:

Directions:

Slather your bread with as much peanut butter and jam your little heart desires. Heat your panini press and when ready press away.

If you want to make it even more delish, go ahead and make it into a "grilled" sandwich by adding butter on both sides.

Peanut Butter and Jam Oatmeal

Recipe taken from here

Holy moly, you guys know how I have been on an oatmeal kick lately. I don't even want to write anything about this because it was just genius. Mashed in banana + peanut butter + jam = one totally perfect menage a trois. Loved, loved, loved, will definitely be making this time and time again, and I hope you will be too!

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup soy milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1/2 medium banana, sliced into thin pieces
  • 1 tsp coconut sap
  • 1 tbsp homemade peanut butter
  • 1 tbsp raspberry jam
Directions:

In a medium size pan, heat the oats, milk, water, and salt over medium heat. Once the mixture begins to simmer, approximately 5-6 minutes, stir in the sliced banana. Continue to stir, almost whipping, until the banana breaks down and the mixture thickens and becomes creamy, about another 3-4 minutes. I really like adding the banana because it adds so much volume to the oats.

Add the coconut sap and stir until incorporated. Pour into a serving bowl and top with the peanut butter and jam.

How do you get your peanut butter and jelly time on?

No comments: