Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Pumpkin Molasses Cookies + Oatmeal Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies + Pumpkin Raspberry Cupcakes

Pumpkin Molasses Cookies

Recipe taken from here

As I have mentioned time and time again, fall spices are my absolute favourite flavours. I look forward to the fall all year long so I don't look like a crazy making molasses cookies in the summer. However, I sometimes give into the "crazy" and make them in the summer instead of making strawberry shortcakes, jam or blueberry muffins. I just love the flavours. I was dreaming up of a recipe for pumpkin molasses cookies when I was looking at a blog and POOF the work was done for me already. I was so so so excited! You really do not understand. These are absolutely fantasticccccc cookies and have everything you can ever hope for. The only thing is... this recipe is soooo incredibly annoying to work with. I froze it for over an hour but that pumpkin, ohhhh the pumpkin it just didn't want to cooperate so the batter was INCREDIBLY cakey and sticky. I still managed to make the cookies they just weren't the prettiest little puppies of the bunch. Who cares though. This is such a great cookies especially for the pumpkin and molasses lover, ahhh!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup of applesauce
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup of pumpkin
  • 1/4 cup of molasses
  • 1 egg
  • 2 1/3 cups of flour
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tsp ginger
  • 1 tsp cloves
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Topping:
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp allspice
Directions:

Beat butter in a large bowl until fluffy. Add sugar, pumpkin, molasses, and egg and mix until well combined. Add remaining ingredients and beat until a well-blended batter forms. Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or two, if you’d like to prep a second sheet while the first one bakes). Fill a bowl with your rolling sugar and spices. Roll tablespoon-sized balls of batter in sugar until well coated and place on sheet. The cookies will spread, so give them a couple inches of room. Bake 10–12 minutes, or until cookies look cracked. Let them sit on the sheet for a few minutes after removing them from the oven, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Oatmeal Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recipe adapted from here

My second last pumpkin recipe of the season are these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with oatmeal. When these came out of the oven I seriously thought I was going to have a melt-down. I couldn't wait for them to come out of the oven. They smelt SO delicious. As stated on my post with the pumpkin pie chocolate cups post, chocolate and peanut butter go SO well together. The aroma that they give off then the flavours they release, oh my goodness, it shouldn't be legal that's how good it is.

I was really excited for these cookies, because when I found them, they didn't look like your typical cake-like pumpkin cookie. Unfortunately mine didn't come out as crispy as I wanted but they weren't as cakey as most pumpkin cookies so I was really excited! This is a really nice cookies, especially because of the added oats, yum!

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup granola mix
  • 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats, uncooked
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup applesauce
  • 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 cup mini Kisses chocolates
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Mix applesauce, gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Alternate additions of dry ingredients and pumpkin, mixing well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chip.

For each cookie, drop a heaping tablespoonful of dough onto lightly greased or parchment paper covered baking sheet. Bake 13 - 15 minutes, until cookies are firm and lightly browned.

Pumpkin Raspberry Cupcakes


Recipe adapted from here

At this point in the game you guys already know that cupcakes are my weakness. This is why you will not see many cupcakes on my blog. You see cookies, cookies, cookies, but that's because I am able to steer clear from cookies, cupcakes however though, I cannot.

HOWEVER, the other day as I was blog perusing I came across the devil. By me saying the devil what I mean is this. I found out that you are able to freeze cupcake batter. This was probably the worst information I could have ever come across because now I have no excuse NOT to make cupcakes because I can store the batter for another day! I read that it freezes perfectly, and it tastes' just as good as the first time you made them. I haven't tried it yet since I just froze the batter on the weekend, but I am really excited to see how they turn out (especially because these cupcakes ROCKED).

When I found out that I could freeze the batter I knew that the last of my pumpkin mix was going into a cupcake recipe. I was going to make pumpkin whoopie pies but I'm sorry cupcakes trump that. I found a simple recipe that incorporated my favourite spices and instead of adding chocolate I decided to add raspberries. Raspberries and pumpkin are definitely a beautiful beautiful combination they go together like peanut butter and jam. These cupcakes were so amazingly tasty I did not want to stop eating them, therefore, I forced myself to only make six and to store the rest of the batter so I could test what I read and so that I could taste what I put together on another day and MAYBE share the experience with others too. These are a must-make flavour combination, even if you don't want to try these soft-pillowy pumpkin cupcakes you need to at least try pumpkin and raspberry together maybe even with some white chocolate, oh my gosh!!! Onto the recipe already? I think so.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup applesauce
  • 1 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 cups pumpkin puree
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 1/2 cups raspberries
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat together the oil and sugars. Beat in the eggs, pumpkin, water, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and stir to blend. Then gently stir in the raspberries.

Scoop the batter into the lined muffin tins.

Bake for 20-21 minutes or until muffin tops spring back and tester comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the oven, and cool them on a wire rack.

Raspberry Cookies - no recipe :(

I lost the recipes for the following cookies but I wanted to post them anyways just because I loved the colours of them. I figured this is a good enough post to show them on since they have raspberries in them. I really wish I still had this recipe because these were to die for, they disappeared the day they were made. They were gooey, sugary, and full of fruit, ahhh I wish I still had the recipe! Dagnabbit...

Savour the last of your pumpkin goodies until next season (unless you're like me and will get around to making some more pumpkin goodies in a few months!)

No comments: