Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

I'm still alive.

As I mentioned in my last post I have been working insane hours. This has really taken a toll on my blogging life, I mean really it's come to the point where I don't even have one. I haven't even really been baking/cooking lately. When making my lunch I try to pack healthy/easy/filling snacks so that I don't rely on the food in the kitchen. One thing that I've really enjoyed at work, is putting all the ingredients together and making banana scrambles! It's perfect because all you need is a microwave. Smoothies are so simple to throw together, I pack them in my juice container?... I don't know what else to call it. I haven't been making oatmeal as often as I'd like (even though most of these recipes are oatmeal) some are from the weekend, or when I have extra time in the morning (usually days where I skip my work out in the morning and wait to do it on my lunch break... like today). I don't have much time to put together a post, but I wanted to so I figured I'd do so in the quickest way I could. Post ingredients + directions all together, don't speak about the recipes. They are all insanely delicious. My favourites were definitely the ones with the tropical fruits (as you'll see) since I'm in love but they were all AMAZIIIIIIIIIING... and yes, these are all one's I whipped together according to my flavours buds, hope you enjoy!

Pina Colada Smoothie


In your blender mix together 1 can of coconut water - 133 ml + 1 frozen banana + frozen pineapple core + 1/2 tsp almond extract

Pina Colada Oatmeal

1 can of coconut water - 133 ml + 1/2 cup oatmeal + dash of salt.
Cook.
Add mashed banana + 1 tbsp chia seeds + 1/2 tsp almond extract.
Stir.
Top with coconut butter + soy milk + crushed pineapple + coconut flakes + granola

Coconut Cream Pie Oatmeal

1 can of coconut milk + 1/2 cup oatmeal + dash of salt.
Cook.
Add mashed banana + 1 tbsp chia seeds.
Stir.
Top with kiwi, coconut flakes, and graham crackers.

Cherry Cake Mix Oatmeal

1 cup of water + 1/2 cup of oatmeal + dash of salt.
Cook.
Add mashed banana + 1/8 cup cherry cake mix + 1/2 tsp almond extract + chia seeds.
Stir.
Top with chopped almonds, milk, and granola.

Maple Ginger Banana Scramble

Mix 1 banana + 3 tbsp oatmeal + 1 tsp ginger.
Add to your ramekin.
Microwave for 90 seconds.
Top with almond butter, crystallized ginger, maple syrup and milk.

Tropical Banana Yoghurt

In your food processor blend 1 banana + 1/2 cup yoghurt + 1/8 cup of soy milk.
Blend until smooth.
Poor into a bowl or cup.
Top with desired fruit, I chose avocado, dried pineapple, dried papaya, raisins and coconut flakes.

Fiery Smoothie of Love
6 large strawberries + 4 ice cubes + 1 cup of soy milk + 1/8 cup cocoa powder + dash of chili flakes.
Blend until smooth.
Top with amaretto agave nectar + very few chili flakes, since you don't want your mouth to fall off!

Healthy Banana "Split"

Process 1 frozen banana + 1/2 frozen avocado + 1/8 cup soy milk.
Blend until smooth.
Top with strawberries + carob chips + yoghurt.

What are some of your favourite on the go breakfasts'?

No comments: