Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Sh-Sh-Shamrooockkk.

Wow, it feels like it's been forever since I've even logged onto my blog. I've been really busy lately, and unfortunately I've barely even had time to bake/cook nice meals for myself. I have made a few things here and there though which have been rather good. My work hours have increased to about sixteen hour days, it's really beginning to take a toll on me. I do my exercise at lunch since that's the only time where I'm able to really do anything for myself. When I first started I was waking up at 4:25 am to do my work out, but I really do not have that energy anymore, instead I do it on my lunch hour and I enjoy it. However, I get many looks from other workers looking at me with my short shorts, tank and knee brace, but I know I'm being healthy.

Another thing that also took up my time the past few weeks was Jordan. I wanted to spend as much time with him as possible because as of Sunday he left for Korea, and will be teaching there for the next year. He's been there only a few short days and is already being challenged and having an amazing time, I am so happy for him and cannot wait to continue hearing the stories he will have to share!

As for me... I've gotten my g2, I finally got the official card in the mail yesterday, what a horrendous photograph of myself, that's an understatement to be quite frank. I gave a little screech when I saw it, it was horrible. But, I'll be able to re-take it soon, so I look forward to that. I have a job. I potentially have a job in Montreal for the summer. I am planning on visiting Jordan in Korea at the end of my next potential job i.e. end of August beginning of September. I'm looking forward to what the future holds. I've set some new fitness goals, and I'm looking forward to reaching them; one of them including a goal to climb a rock wall at the nearest rock climbing centre in town!

As for recipes... I have one I am going to share with you guys that I've absolutely fallen in love with. My breakfasts have pretty much been a staple of smoothies lately. I've been buying the biiiig 454g tub of spinach each week and going through them by myself. I throw spinach in my smoothies, with whey, chocolate milk, water, and fruit, they are incredibly delicious and filling.

One of my favourite smoothies, was one that I should have posted for St-Patrick's Day, however due to work circumstances and other I was put far behind, but here is the recipe. This is insanely delicious, the colour is beautiful and all natural, the flavours are bold and refreshing. I really enjoy this! This is great because... well, I've never ever enjoyed chocolate milk as I've said numerous times I'm not a fan, but mint chocolate chip ice cream has always been a favourite of mine, and this sort of reminds me of it. Instead of peppermint extract you can use a few mint leaves (which I've been doing this week), you can use cocoa powder, semi-sweet chocolate chips, regular soy milk or any soy milk, it's really versatile and you'll get similar fantastic tastes'.

Shamrock Spinach Smoothie

Recipe by me

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup spinach
  • 1 large frozen banana
  • 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
  • 1/2 cup soy chocolate milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • Carob chips for topping
Directions:

Blend everything together in blender.

I'm hoping that this week I'll be able to have a little bit more time and share tome amazing vegan recipes I've been indulging in! Hope to see you all soon!

Hope you're enjoying yourselves, and the beautiful weather out there.

5 comments:

Krista said...

This looks pretty tasty! My only problem is that none of the 6 grocery stores around me ever have peppermint extract in store :(

Samantha said...

Six different grocery stores and NONE of them have peppermint extract?! That's horrible! You can get the same effect from mint leaves though, but extract is just so much simpler :P If you ever come across it though stock up, and try it out on this recipe :)

Krista said...

I finally got my hands on some, this is such a great drink!

Samantha said...

I'm so glad you ended up finding some extract! Took you to find a seventh grocery store eh? :P This really is a fantastic drink and considering how lovely and healthy it is it's a great way to start the day!

international online pharmacy said...

Very good post I'd like to get the originality to have your skills to write with that passion, actually I'm gonna create my own blog based on this blof, of course if you allow me that.