Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Peanut Butter Marshmallow Coconut + Hot Cocoa Cookies

Peanut Butter Marshmallow Coconut Squares

I'm not sure where this recipe originates, all I know is my family has been making it for years and years.

Every Christmas since I've been a child I remember going to my grandmothers house and seriously eating about 20 of these little squares. These have long been a favourite of mine. They have creamy peanut butter, fruity marshmallows, and crunchy coconut. The combination of these flavours make these bars incredibly decadent. I love them, when I make these I seriously have to control myself or else I will eat each and every one of these single bad boys. Every one we make these for fall absolutely in-love with them, even if they aren't the biggest fan of peanut butter or the biggest fan of coconut.

I love these because not only is the flavour absolutely fantastic but it does remind me of my childhood. It reminds me of all the happy times during the holidays. It reminds me of my grandmother. It reminds me of sneaking out of bed, or sneaking around the corner to see if anyone's looking to sneak an extra piece without everyone knowing that I've already had about a zillion pieces.

Seriously, if you want to fall completely and utterly into mad deep love with one dessert, this is them. They are truly beautiful. The creaminess in each and every bite with the subtle crunch from the coconut and the subtle hint of fruit flavours of the marshmallows. I love it, I didn't think i was going to make these again, since I've already made them and devoured them, but I will be making another batch for certain, guess it's destiny when they make the marshmallow bags so big ;)

Try it out.

Ingredients:
  • 2 - 6 oz packages of Butterscotch chipits
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 cup smoothe peanut butter
  • 2 cups miniature coloured marshmallows
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut
Directions:

In a double boiler place the butterscotch chipits, butter and peanut butter. Melt the ingredients together then remove pot from water. The mixture must cool (approximately 10-15 minutes). If mixture is not cool and you add the marshmallows they will met. Add marshmallows and coconut.

Spread mixture in a lightly butter pan 8 x 8. Place in the fridge to cool down then cut into squares.

This recipe freezes extremely well.

Hot Cocoa Cookies

Recipe adapted from here

I saw this recipe and was quickly drawn to it. I've always been a fan of hot chocolate, white chocolate more so than milk chocolate, but nonetheless it has always been a favourite. I have never been a coffee drinker, or any other hot beverage drinker really. Hot chocolate always made me feel classy, because if I went to a coffee house I could disguise my lack of grown up drink with a paper cup. When I saw this recipe I knew it would be good, because the newest hot chocolate mix that I bought for my collection was a tin of Rolo mix. This stuff is awesome, because of the sweet caramel flavour it adds to the chocolate.

I decided to switch this recipe up quite a bit. When I made the recipe I should of put an extra 1/2 cup to a cup of flour because these cookies ended up spreading like molten lava. They were, regardless of their shape and appearance absolutely delicious. All the added sweetness, and extra treats made this cookie an absolute delight. I really wish I would of added the extra flour so that they would of been more of a cookie rather than an unbaked brownie, but as I said these were absolutely fantastic! I would surely make these again, and make it with a more proper amount of flour.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cups flour
  • 1/4 cup Rolo hot chocolate mix
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • 6 jumbo marshmallows melted
  • 4 gingerbread candy canes
  • 1 cup mini multi-colored marshmallows
  • 8 jumbo marshmallows finely chopped
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.

Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined. Stir in marshmallow fluff.

Fold in chocolate chips, candy canes and marshmallows. Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Remove, and roll into 1 1/2-inch balls.

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Make sure cookies are fully cooked, because they will be very sticky from the marshmallows. Allow cookies to cool completely, even sticking them in the fridge for 15 minutes before removing from the baking sheet with a spatula. Be patient and gently remove cookies – let sit another 30 minutes.

Come back soon :)

No comments: