Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Dill Potato Salad

I have always been so afraid of potato salad, I mean, my first memory of potato salad is freaky KFC gunk. I never ate it, but for some reason it is what I think about when I hear the words "potato salad". This one however, is absolutely amazing. There is no sauce, and is relatively healthy, and all you need is four ingredients + salt and pepper! This is definitely something your next family picnic, or pot luck REQUIRES. Follow me for the recipe!
Ingredients:
  • 1 medium potato - cubed
  • 1 hard boiled egg - per person
  • 1 cucumber - cubed
  • dill to flavour
*note: make your potato and cucumber equal parts!

Directions:
Bring a small pot of water to a boil and add your eggs. Let them boil for 12 minutes so you get hard boiled eggs.

When your eggs are done, drain and rinse. When cooled off, cut your eggs into squares.

Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and boil your potatoes for 30 minutes, at this mark check to see if they are ready, if they are take them off, if not w
atch them carefully, don't want them to overcook.

When your potatoes are done, drain and rinse. When cooled off, cut your potatoes into squares.

Cut your cucumber into squares.

Mix all of your ingredients into a ball, gently sprinkle with dill, salt and pepper and you're ready to serve!
Enjoy!

No comments: