Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Spicy Tofu Cookies

I remember from a young age my mom telling me about one of her friends who had health problems and couldn't eat a lot of food, I can't remember if it was celiac disease, but it was something along those lines. She has mentioned so many times about how she made the most amazing tofu peanut butter cookies. I have never tried tofu cookies until today. I looked at numerous peanut butter cookies and then got the inspiration for my cookies. I looked at what measurements the tofu took into the recipe and tried to come up with my own creation. Mmmm, and boy did I achieve that. These are by far (apart with one other recipe that I have not posted yet and will do so soon) the most amazing cookies ever. Even more so than the WORLD'S BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES! And, on top of that, look at the ingredients! Amazing, I don't think you could go wrong! Molasses cookies were my inspiration for these cookies, because I absolutely loooove spice. Mmmm... maybe next time instead of agave I can try molasses, mmmmm! Do yourself a favour, make these healthy cookies, I guarantee people will not even know that they're made with tofu!

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups AP flour (what I had on hand I'm sure wholewheat would be just as great)
  • 1/2 cup dried blueberries
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 cup chopped dates
  • 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
  • 2/3 cup agave nectar or honey
  • 1 egg
  • 1 package firm tofu
  • 1 tsp ginger
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla talic


Directions:

Take your mixer and crumple your tofu. Mix until it looks almost like cottage cheese, don't worry when you mix in the other ingredients the tofu will become smoothe. Mix in your agave nectar, butter and egg. Slowly add your spices, salt and vanilla. Be careful, the tofu may fling. Next add your walnuts, dates and blueberries until well incorporated. Last, add your flour. Mix well. It will be an extremely smoothe consistency. Pour dollops onto oiled baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for ten minutes.


I really hope this is something that you will try. I brought these into work, and people who were all "tofu is sooooo disgusting" fell absolutely in-love with these. They were a giant, giant hit!

Enjoy!

No comments: