Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Hard Boiled Egg Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies + White Chocolate Cranberry Orange Pecan Hard Boiled Egg Cookies

After having made the Amazing Hard Boiled Egg Oatmeal Cookies and falling absolutely and madly in love with them, I knew that I would have to try out the Hard Boiled Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies.

I had a lot of fun making these cookies, there's just something about watching a cookie come together through a food processor. I'm not sure why I like the process so much, but I really do enjoy it. This time around I even looked forward to the hard boiled egg smell, the reason for this was because I knew that it was the key, secret ingredient to making these cookies oh so wonderful.

These cookies are so simple to make, create such a breeze for a clean up, and result in such a sweet treat. I liked this cookie a lot, but to me they were not as fantastic as the oatmeal cookies, I think this was due to the chocolate. I liked the cookies though, they were soft inside, and crispy on the outside. I added additional Skor bits, and instead of stirring the chocolate chips into the dough, I decided to chop them up in the food processor, this definitely made the cookies a lot more chocolatey. Next time I will certainly mix them in. I'm going to play around with the flavours in this recipe and see what I can come up with, perhaps a white chocolate cranberry orange walnut cookie for the holiday season? Ooohh, I think I may whip up a batch of those today!

Ingredients:
  • 2 3/4 cups All-Purpose flour
  • 1 cup cold unsalted butter
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup toffee bits

Directions:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Combine flour and butter in food processor. Pulse until mixture is mealy and coarse. Add the salt and baking soda and pulse to mix. Transfer mixture to large bowl (you can leave it in the food processor if yours is large enough).


Add sugars, vanilla and hard boiled eggs to food processor. Pulse just until the mixture begins to come together. Transfer sugar and egg mixture to the bowl, and combine with flour and butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and toffee bits.


Scoop cookies with a medium scoop and place on cookie sheet. (I refrigerated my dough in between batches) Bake approximately 13 -15 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned on the edges. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack.

White Chocolate Cranberry Orange Pecan Hard Boiled Egg Cookies - long title or what?

So, this recipe really does create the most scrumptious cookies! I'm so glad I decided to give the recipe another go, and change the ingredients around. This was seriously one of the most perfect cookies. It was jam packed with healthy and sinful ingredients. It was packed with full frontal flavours and seriously left you wanting more. The cranberries gave a beautiful tartness, with a zing from the orange zest, a crunch from the pecans, then a subtle sweetness from the white chocolate. Seriously, it was just perfect. The cookie was so soft, it was exactly how I like my cookies. I cooked them for fifteen minutes, and they still had that raw-like cookie-esk dough that I love oh so much, plus, with the cranberries finely chopped you get beautiful pigments of purpley-reds adorned all through out the cookies! I will be bringing these cookies to a Christmas party this weekend, I'm interested to see what others think of it! This is certainly a perfect cookie for this time of year! I will without a doubt be making these cookies again, whether I make it like this, or play around with the ingredients, the base of this recipe is so divine! You should definitely try it for yourself!
Recipe adapted from above ^

Ingredients:
  • 2 3/4 cups All-Purpose flour
  • 1 cup cold unsalted butter
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups cranberries, pulsed in the food process
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
  • 2 tsp orange zest
  • 1 cup finely chopped pecans
Directions:

See above recipe.

Make sure to try them out!

No comments: