Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Update: Chocolate Wafer Cake and Caramel Coffee Frozen Yoghurt "Ice Cream" Cake

A while ago I had made the chocolate wafer log. My dad's girlfriend's son was having a birthday party so I had volunteered to make the cakes since I had simple ingredients on hand. I had all the ingredients for this cake and since it is insanely easy to make I decided I would make this as well as an equally easily ice cream cake. So, I just wanted to post some pictures of the chocolate wafer cake even though I didn't change any of the ingredients, I did however form the cake differently so I wanted to show that because I thought it looked really nice :).



As for the Caramel Coffee Ice Cream cake all you need are a few minutes and a few simple ingredients!


Ingredients:
  • 1 tub of frozen yoghurt (I used Chapman's Caramel Coffee)
  • 1 box of oreo crumbs
  • 5 tbsp melted butter

Directions:
Melt your butter and add it into your box of oreo crumbs. Press it firmly in the bottom of the tray in which you choose to display it in. If there isn't enough butter to make the crumbs stick melt some more. While you're doing this, or even before leave your yoghurt sit out for a while to melt. Once it is pliable and not completely runny pour it on top of your crumb crust and set it evenly. Cover with saran wrap and put it in the freezer for at least four hours. Once set cut and serve! Delicious and even semi-healthy. People won't even be able to tell it's not ice cream ;).

Enjoy!

No comments: