Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Parsnip Fritters


Never had I eaten parsnip before. Heck, I didn't even know anything about it, other than it was a tuber. So being on this kick of trying all things new, I decided to bag up that medium size tuber and put it into my cart. Really, I didn't have any major plans for it, except turning it into fries. Also since I have never seen any recipes for this odd... vegetable looking thing. So, this is what I did.

Ingredients:
  • Medium parsnip x1
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Sea salt
  • Pepper
  • Rosemary
*As you can tell, I dressed it up the same way as I did the butternut squash, I really like the way these ingredients mesh together

Directions:

Cut your tuber up as if it were a carrot. Making long/thin strips (remember to grate your parsnip). Place on a baking sheet, and spread your spices and oil. Really, just like the squash the amount is up to you. Pre-heat oven to 350. When the oven is ready, place in the oven for 30 mins.

*Note: depending on how thin you cut your tubers, you should check on them after about 20 minutes. Some of mine started to get much darker than the rest (just like my squash). However, I preferred the more "burnt" ones than the non-burnt. Really, this recipe is just a "guideline" sort of deal, you have to decide for yourself how you would enjoy it. I really did like these, it was a nice change from potato or sweet potato fries! Served it on the side of a nice spinach salad, and it tasted great. Bf decided to toss his fries into the salad and said that that tasted good as well!

Enjoy :)

No comments: