Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Rice with Mixed Vegetables - Made in Your Rice Cooker

A couple of weeks ago as I was watching The Food Network I came across a trick with rice. I don't know why I never thought of doing this before but I'm glad I found out about it because it makes making dinner so much easier. With my rice cooker I usually keep it simple, I make my rice, quinoa, barley, etc... but I never thought of making ALL of your dish in the rice cooker! I've even found out since I started this job that you could make oatmeal in your rice cooker, genial huh? No, not really, but wow.

So follow me to see just how simple your one bowl dinner is going to be!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of rice
  • 1/2 cup of edamame - unshelled
  • 1 cup mixed Asian vegetables (I got mine in a bag which included peppers, more edamame, and baby corn)
  • 2 green onion stalks - white and green parts divided
  • 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
  • Salt/Pepper to taste
Directions:

Add 2 1/2 cups of water and your rice to the water. Throw in the white parts of your green onion. Add your ginger, salt and pepper. Let the machine do it's thing. When there is about five minutes left, throw in your uncooked vegetables and let them steam. When complete, mix well, remove white stalks. Place in a bowl and top with your chopped green onion, add more pepper and soya sauce if desired.

See how simple it is??? Enjoy!

No comments: