Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Red Velvet Caramel Chip Cookies

Recipe adapted from here

One of the first recipes on my blog was a red velvet cupcake. I had never had red velvet before and quickly fell in-love, but I mean let's be honest here... it's not too hard to win me over when it's a cupcake. I loved the buttermilk flavour mixed in with the cocoa, and the colour, I think really it's the colour that won me over. When I found a recipe for red velvet COOKIES I knew I had to make them. They aren't your traditional red velvet since there isn't buttermilk, or vinegar, but the colour is what won me over. I did however adapt this quite a bit.

It was my friends birthday and I wanted to make her something special. Love is usually represented with the colour red, and I thought what better way to show someone you care than with a red cookie, lame I know, but it worked right?

Yeah those bad boys were devoured. My adaption made these cookies absolutely positively awesome, yes awesome! I know I used that word quite frequently when describing cookies, but I just love a soft-chewy cookies, and these had the perfect combination of chocolate, caramel, chew, softness, and colour, ahhhh soo good! I'm pretty sure the heart's of everyone who tasted these melted on spot, yes that good. Ah, these will definitely be made again, perhaps for Christmas, some red and green cookies? Ooooh the possibilities!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup Rolo hot chocolate mix
  • 1 tsp red food coloring
  • 1/4 cup mini Rolo bites
  • 1/4 cup sprinkle chocolate discs
Directions:

Preheat oven to 375.

Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and combine until smooth. Beat in red food coloring. Stir in cocoa, flour, baking soda and salt until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.

Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out 1-2 tablespoons of dough and set on baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Dig in!

No comments: