Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Grilled Asian Tofu + Pumpkin Soup + Pumpkin Tart Spice Cookies

Grilled Asian Tofu

Recipe taken from here

I have long been a fan of tofu. With that being said I have had tofu in many many forms, in baked goods, smoothies, crispy, soft, juicy, etc... I love the texture of it ESPECIALLY when it is crispy. When I found a recipe for grilled tofu I was more than eager to try it out. What made it even simpler is the fact that I wouldn't need to go outside in the middle of the cold and turn on the barbecue, no no I could do it in the comfort of my own kitchen with my panini maker! Could it get any easier than that? I don't think so. This was so simple to make, took barely any time at all, and gave such great results (even if my photograph's don't really capture that... I really dislike winter season for photo's all of mine are becoming so grey and ugly... oh well). But yes, this was a perfect meal for my lunch, I ate it cold and it was still awesome! Mmmmm... I placed the tofu on a bed of lettuce, and used the extra liquid as a dressing. I then made a sweet pumpkin soup to go along side of it with some oh-so sinful cookies!

Ingredients:

  • 1 package extra firm tofu, pressed & sliced into 6 pieces
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp water
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 tsp agave nectar (or honey)
  • 1/4 tsp ginger powder
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • Sprinkle red pepper flakes

Directions:

Combine all ingredients and marinate tofu slices for 10 minutes. Spray grilling surface with non-stick spray and grill for 3-4 minutes a side.

Pumpkin Soup

Recipe taken from here

Then the soup. This soup was definitely a no-brainer, it was easy to make, took one bowl i.e. the pot, was hearty, tasteful, and healthy. I really enjoyed this soup, if you're more of a chunky-style soup fan this definitely isn't for you, since this literally goes down like water, but it was really nice. It was very sweet, but that's because I used pumpkin pie filling since I was trying to use it up, regardless it was still really good! *Sorry about the bad photographs again...

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 can (8 ounces) pumpkin puree
  • 1 cup unsalted vegetable broth
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1 cup fat-free milk
  • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 green onion, green top only, chopped

Directions:

In a large saucepan, heat 1/4 cup of the water over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Don't let the onion dry out.

Add the remaining water, pumpkin, broth, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the milk and cook until hot. Don't boil.

Ladle into warmed individual bowls and garnish with black pepper and green onion tops. Serve immediately.

Pumpkin Tart Spice Cookies

These are some of the easiest cookies I have ever made, and really I felt like a cheater they were so easy. The result? Absolutely delectable! Oh my goodness, the smell of them was one thing but the taste oooohhh the taste, I couldn't stop myself from reaching for another, then another and another... yeah... they were cake-like, soft, flavoured with fall spices, and just awesome, oooohhh boy!

Ingredients:

  • 1 box of Duncan Hines Spice Cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup of oil
  • 2 tbsp + 1/4 tsp water
  • 4 pumpkin pie tarts, roughly chopped

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together.

Bake for 15 minutes on 350 degrees. Cool on backing sheet for about 1 minute and then transfer them to cooling rack.

Makes about 18 cookies, depending on how big you make yours.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: