Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Reese's Pieces Maltesers Rice Krispies Chocolate Chip Cookies + Sesame Seed Brittle + Reese's Pieces Maltesers Cookies

I went to go visit my boyfriend when I had moved back home. Part of my luggage of course included a tin full of baked goods. Here are three recipes that I brought.

Recipe taken from here

These were so good! Rice Krispies in cookies make me so happy, I love them. I couldn't stop eating these. I didn't want to eat as many as I did, but oh I did, and didn't regret a single moment of them. Pure lust.

Reese's Pieces Maltesers Rice Krispies Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 cups rolled oats (quick or old-fashioned - not instant)
  • 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup Reese's Pieces Maltesers

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Mix together the butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended.

Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, oats, Rice Krispies, chocolate chips and pecans and stir together.

Drop batter on baking sheets in mounds of about 3 Tbsp each, about 3-inches apart (These will really spread so don't try to skimp on the 3 inches apart! I only get 6 on a cookie sheet). Flatten slightly with hand. Make them extra big for a real coffee house look. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until pale gold. (Mine take about 11 minutes but your mileage may vary so keep an eye on them). Let sit on cookie sheet a minute or two before trying to move off to a cooling rack. Cookies will be a bit soft but will firm up nicely (like chocolate chip cookies).

*For smaller, thicker cookies, refrigerate cookie dough for a couple of hours before baking.

Makes 30 big cookies.

Sesame Seed Brittle

Have you ever had SesameSnaps? Those sticky, ooey-gooey, crunchy, hard, sesame snack? These were one of my favourite snacks as a kid. I loved them, I just never liked how I always seemed to eat them wherever there wasn't water to wash my hands, resulting in sticky fingers. Still to this day I love this snack. When I found this recipe I knew I had to try making them, because if I could SesameSnaps in the convenience of my own home, what I mean to say here is that I could make them myself. Well, they definitely tasted very similar to them, probably 95% close, the only thing that I really noticed was that they weren't as hard as SesameSnaps. These should definitely be stored in a cool place. Jordan's house was extremely hot, no air conditioning, and they started to melt. Definitely resulted in an ooey-gooey mess. Nonetheless a very good treat, but I would make a smaller batch next time so that an ooey-gooey mess doesn't result again.

Recipe taken from here

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups sesame seeds
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 cup honey
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Directions:

Combine ingredients in a large heavy-based saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches 160C on a sugar thermometer.

Line a 20cm-square cake pan with baking paper. Pour mixture into pan and smooth top.

Allow to cool slightly, then loosen edges from pan and, using a sharp knife, cut into diamonds. Do this while the brittle is still fairly soft, as it will harden as it cools. Place on baking paper to cool completely.

Brittle will keep in an airtight container for up to two weeks.

Reese's Pieces Maltesers Cookies

One word with all synonyms included: delicious.

Recipe taken from here


Ingredients:
  • 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped Reese's Pieces Maltesers
Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.Bulleted List

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in milk and vanilla, then gradually blend in the flour mixture. Do not overmix; stir only until no streaks of flour remain. Stir in the chopped Maltesers/Whoppers/Malted Milk Balls.
Drop into 1-inch balls (tbsp sized balls) on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes, until lighty browned.
Cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes about 3-dozen cookies.

Enjoy :)

No comments: