Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Honey-Mustard Tofu and Saffron Rice and Peas

Honey-Mustard Tofu
Recipe adapted from here

I had my boyfriend over, and decided I wanted to make him something special for dinner. I mean, he's been living an hour and a bit away from me for the past few months now, so I haven't been able to cook him anything very often, and I know he misses my food ;). I knew that this would be a perfect meal because he really enjoys tofu. I love that I can whip up almost anything and he'll eat it, I love having a non-picky boyfriend makes cooking that much more fun! Well, I was right this was certainly a hit. Even my mom's boyfriend who isn't the biggest fan of tofu devoured it! It was fantastic, both the mustard and curry together, I tell ya, an amazing combination! This is definitely a keeper recipe.

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb package tofu
  • 3 tbsp honey
  • 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
  • 1 tbsp saffron
  • 1 tsp soy sauce
  • 3 1/2 tbsp whole wheat mustard
  • 2 tbsp curry powder
  • Sea salt and freshly milled pepper
Directions:

Preheat oven to 400F.

Cut up tofu. Drain your tofu of all excess liquid. Mix all ingredients together and pour over tofu. Let sit for at least 20 minutes.

Bake until sizzling and hot, about 20 minutes.

Saffron Rice and Peas

Ingredients/Directions:

It doesn't get any easier than this -

Toss all your ingredients into your rice cooker.
  • 1/2 cup rice
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tbsp saffron
  • Sea salt and pepper to taste
  • Butter
  • Excess sauce from the tofu
When rice is fully cooked, I added about 1/2 cup of peas to the rice. You don't need to cook them, because the heat from the rice will heat the peas up!

Place rice in the bottom of your bowl and top with the honey-mustard tofu! So delicious!

Enjoy!

No comments: