Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Basil Baked Tilapia

Basil Baked Tilapia - See I told you, not very pretty...
Recipe taken from here

I love tilapia. Many of the people in which I cook for don't seem to enjoy this fish. I do however, because, as the people I cook for say, "it's so boring". That's what I love about it though. You can dress it up in pretty much any fashion. It reminds me of tofu in a sense, it pretty much picks up any flavour and just packs it in. How could you possibly hate a food like this? To be honest, I do even like the taste of tilapia with no spices or anything on it, perhaps I'm an oddball. I had found this dish, and when I had come to visit my mom I decided to make some fish. I loved this recipe, yes I know, the picture quality is absolutely horrible, I couldn't figure out the lighting in my aunt and uncle's house, so I know the picture doesn't do the dish any justice. It is sooo delicious though, you can really taste the white wine in it, and that to me, is just pure bliss. I hate drinking wine, but the flavour in foods, you can't go wrong. Nonetheless, I will for sure be making this again, it's a simple way to dress up a "boring" fish and make it go "WOW!" So go on, try it.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup white wine
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1 cup fresh basil leaf
  • 4 thin fish filets, like tilapia
  • 1 lemon (juice of)
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 2 tbsp plain breadcrumbs
  • Paprika, salt, & pepper
Directions:

Preheat oven to 450F.

Pour wine and butter into a glass measuring cup and microwave 1 minute, until butter begins to melt.

Spread basil leaves over the bottom of your baking dish, setting aside a few to place atop the fish. Place fish on the basil.

Add fresh lemon juice to the wine mixture and whisk to combine. Pour mixture over the fish. Season fish with salt & pepper.

Sprinkle onion powder and breadcrumbs evenly over the fish. Top with a dash of paprika and remaining basil.

Cover the pan with foil and bake for 12 minutes. Uncover fish and bake for 2-3 more minutes, until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately.

Enjoy :)

No comments: