Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Whole Wheat Pizza Dough and Rustic Potato Pizza



Rustic Potato Pizza

Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
Recipe adapted from here

It has been an insanely long time since I have had pizza... due to the fact that every time I eat bread at a store I become seriously sore... sounds weird I know. However, I have noticed that when I eat my baked goods I don't get the soreness. Any relation I don't know. Can it be preservatives? Perhaps. Every baked good I eat at a store seems to not sit well. Oh well. With that being said I decided to make my own pizza since I was really craving an amazing slice of pizza. I am glad I chose this recipe, I changed it a bit, but oh boy was it ever good. I let it sit for two days and the kitchen smelt like heaven. It was if I was walking into an Italian bakery, it was marvelous. I loved this dough, I rolled it extremely thinly too and it was just wonderful! This will definitely be my go-to pizza dough recipe. Whole Wheat Pizza Dough

Yield: 2 - 12 inch pizza crusts

Ingredients:
  • 1 tsp yeast
  • 1 1/2 cup warm water
  • 4 cups flour - I used whole wheat
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 3 tbsp + more oregano
  • 3 tbsp thyme
  • 2 tbsp rosemary
  • 1 tbsp Parmesan
  • cheese
Directions:

Sprinkle yeast over the top of your warm water, combine the flour, salt and herbs in the bottom of your mixer.

Pour the olive oil in and mix just until combined, and pour the yeast and water mixture into the flour. Mix until just combined.

Cover and set aside. Let it rise until double in size or you can put it in the fridge and it rise through out the day.

Punch the dough down and divide it in half. Let each piece rest on a pizza stone or sprayed cookie sheet for five minutes. Then stretch it out as thin or thick as you like

Rustic Potato Pizza

Rustic Potato Pizza

Since this was such an awesome looking dough, I knew I needed to find a recipe to stand up to the amazing-ness of the pizza dough. Boy did I find that recipe. This one jumped out at me right away. Potato pizza! Have you heard of such a thing? I did not. My mom said that she had tried a piece when she went to Rome a few months ago. Said she didn't enjoy it that much. I however loved this, and the people I made it for whom weren't "hungry" devoured it. That is always a good sign! It was delicious. It was a party of amazing medley's in my mouth. I will definitely have to make this recipe over and over again. It is a great crowd pleaser, easy to make, doesn't require much time, and is semi healthy, you cannot go wrong with that!

Rustic Potato Pizza
Recipe taken from here

Ingredients:
  • 3 medium size firm potatoes
  • 2 tbsp salt
  • 4 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 small spring onions
  • 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
  • 1 package goat cheese - I used peppercorn flavour to add more spice
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Slice the potatoes thin with a mandoline or with a knife. Place the slices in a deep plate, drizzle them with salt and cover with cold water for about an hour. Drain the water, rinse the potatoes and pat them dry on a towel.

Preheat the oven to the highest possible temperature (450-500°F).

Brush the dough with a thin layer of olive oil. Cover it with potato slices, onion, rosemary, 3/4 of the goat cheese, salt and freshly grounded black pepper. Drizzle the rest of the olive oil over the pizza and bake for about 15-18 min until the potatoes are golden and the edges are slightly burnt. Sprinkle the rest of the goat cheese over it and serve immediately

Rustic Potato Pizza

Enjoy :)

No comments: