Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Vanilla Salt Water Taffy

Vanilla Salt Water Taffy
Recipe taken from here

I wasn't overly thrilled with this recipe. I've never had salt water taffy before, but figured I would give it a try to see what all the fuss is about. I tried this recipe twice. The first time I tried it without a candy thermometer since I didn't own one. I had read on the internet ways to make salt water taffy without a thermometer. Needless to say it was kind of difficult and was a complete mess. The taffy was as hard as a rock, it was as hard as a sucker. The taste however was good. My mom had surprised me with a thermometer so I knew I was going to make the salt water taffy. Eh, this one was better. I read different recipes and got some tips and tricks, but it just, I don't know... this is definitely something I am going to have to try again, because I wasn't overly impressed with how they came out. They were delicious regardless, but just wasn't what I was expecting. Eh... also, the only thing I changed in the recipe was the extract, I used vanilla instead of mint.

Vanilla Salt Water Taffy

No comments: