Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Matcha Rice Krispies


Ever since I started going to all-you-can eat sushi places and ordering green tea ice cream at the end of my meals I have become semi-obsessed with the flavour of matcha. I literally crave food with it in there. The matcha biscotti definitely hit the spot when I was having those cravings, but then I was going through huge cravings for rice krispies and matcha. What better way to fill those cravings then with a mix of them both? Rice krispies with matcha? I think so.


Note: these may not look like the most attractive looking snack but trust me, once you get past the green coloured cereal it is worth it!

Ingredients:
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1 bag of large marshmallows
  • 3 teaspoons matcha powder
  • 4 cups rice krispies

Directions:

In a large saucepan stir butter over medium heat until melted

Add your marshmallows (if you like them super gooey I would suggest adding a bag and a half of marshmallows) and continue stirring until they are all melted

Remove from heat. Add matcha and mix thoroughly (I only used three teaspoons but did not find this flavour to be strong enough since I really do enjoy the matcha flavour, next time I will probably try 5-6 tsp instead)

When the matcha is combined with the marshmallow, pour the rice krispies in and continue mixing until all is combined


Scoop into a flat greased pan and press lightly to create desired thickness


Let cool. Once they are cool, cut into squares


Yields: depends on how big or small you cut your squares

If you're as big of a fan of rice krispies plus matcha as I am then this is a must-try recipe! Hope you enjoy!

No comments: