Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Healthy Banana Cookies



I have been on this kick lately for healthy alternative desserts. I don't really know if I would classify this as a cookie, but more-so a granola-esk cookie. If I were to make this again I would make them into bars. These would definitely be a nice pre-workout food. I was eating these "cookies" right before I was working out, and boy did I have a lot of energy. These were so good, I got many compliments on them at work which is always nice, especially when they're healthy... because I find many people give an odd face when they hear "healthy cookies" but yeah! These are definitely a must-try cookie!
Ingredients

  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 2 cups rolled oats - flavoured or plain
  • 1 cup chopped dates
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup dried blueberries
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup flaxmeal
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F


In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Stir in oats, flaxmeal, dates, cranberries, blueberries, cinnamon, oil, and vanilla.

Mix well, and allow to sit for a few minutes.

Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.


Bake for 20 minutes


Enjoy!

No comments: