Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Do-do-doughnutsssss


Okay before you get TOO excited, I made these into "healthy" doughnuts. YES, I'm going to spell them this way and not donuts, because in my opinion, donuts are the greasy, fluffy ones, and these weren't anything near that. These were more-so, how shall I put it, muff-nuts... hehe, I couldn't think of a good bridge of muffin and doughtnuts, so... that's what you get. They didn't really rise as much, and they had a very muffin-y texture, but honestly, they were EXTREMELY delicious (ESPECIALLY the coconut ones, oh my goshhh!)

So onto the recipe... I honestly looked at so many recipes, that I kind of made up my own, which is probably why they didn't even look like people's regular baked doughnuts.

Ingredients:
  • 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 4 whole eggs
  • 6 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1/4 cup vanilla fortified soy milk
  • (added 3-4 tbsp cocoa powder for the chocolate doughnuts)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 375˚and spray a doughnut pan.

In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients and set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and butter until mixture is slightly frothy. Stir into dry ingredients until ingredients are just combined (do not over mix.)

Since I don't have the actual doughnut pan, I simply scooped the batter, put it in my silicone mat, rolled the dough with my fingers, took a mug and scooped it over the batter to make sure all my doughnuts were about the same size. I then I grabbed a spatula (since this dough was CLEARLY not wanting to be moved) and put it all into a pile (but this gave an exact measurement, I know I could of just used 3 tbsp's or something... whatever). Spread the dough again with my fingers, and made a nice hole in the middle. If however, you do have a doughtnut pan follow this step: --> Scoop batter into plastic or piping bag. Cut a medium size tip (if using the plastic bag) and squeeze batter into doughnut pan, filling each doughnut almost to the top (leave about 1/8".)

Bake for 7-9 minutes until doughnut springs back. Remove from pan and let cool. Once doughnuts are cool, decorate however you would like... sprinkles, coconut, sugar, cinnamon, raisins, the possibilities are endless!This recipe gave me 8 doughnuts in total.

No comments: