Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Spicy Pilaf with Curry Chickpeas

Recipe adapted from http://www.veggienumnum.com/2010/01/spicy-pilaf-w-cajun-chickpeas/

After only having a banana with 1/2 cup of yoghurt for breakfast, I wanted to make something that would really fill me up for linner... it was about three o'clock when I decided to finally make this. I had spent most of my morning going through by hundreds of recipes, sorting, deleting, reviewing, etc... and was getting really hungry. Through all my recipes this one stuck out the most to me at that moment, I suppose I was craving protein, starches amd carbs. While making this the aroma was amazing. After making this the aroma was still amazing, the taste however, was not one that I would put myself through again. Let's get it straight before I have some mad hate, I am not dissing the recipe nor am I saying it's a bad one, just the flavours are not what I would go for. I love everything in the recipe, just not together. Boyfriend however is eating it... since we still have half or so of it left, but I just couldn't... it might of been because of the few changes I made, I'm not sure, and not to sound negative, but I just don't care enough about the recipe to try it again and figure out if I made it correct or not. So I will post the ingredients only because I did make a couple of chances, if you want to take a leap and try this recipe go to the link above and look at how they made it :)

Ingredients:
  • 300g (10 oz) of chickpeas (approx. 2 tins), washed and drained
  • 3 tsp Cajun spice mix I used curry spice
  • 1tsp powdered vegetable stock (optional)
  • 1 brown onion, diced
  • 2 garlic cloves, diced
  • 1 red chilli, diced didn't have a red chilli, so I used red chilli flakes
  • 2 cups of long grain rice
  • 3 juicy oranges
  • 3½ cups vegetable stock
  • ¼ cup sultanas (raisins)
  • 1 cup frozen baby peas
  • ¼ cup of slivered almonds
On a side note however, I could not stop munching on the chickpeas after I had taken them off the frying pan, they were absolutely amazing. The flavours, the texture, everything about it, I would certainly make those again!

No comments: