Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Chocolate Hazelnut Roasted Almonds


Sick of your plain Jane almonds? How about trying something a little different? Have tea bag overstocks? How about getting rid of one of your favourites or one of your crazy flavoured tea's for the sake of an amazing tasting almond? I did. I decided to pick my chocolate hazelnut tea, and boy am I glad I did.

Recipe adapted from http://www.mykitchenaddiction.com/2010/03/chai-spiced-roasted-almonds/I'm simply going to write the ingredients out, and put in red what I changed, since the directions are the exact same you might as well just look at her blog!

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups whole almonds
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste didn't have paste so I used vanilla extract instead
  • Few drops of water
  • 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed didn't have dark so I used light brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tablespoon chai spice mix (or half cinnamon, half ginger would work) since I didn't have chai, and didn't really want a spice but wanted something more so sweet, I used chocolate hazelnut TEA not mix... this works just as well!
  • Pinch salt sprinkled sea salt all over those bad boys
These really are a nice touch to sprucing up regular almonds! Go ahead, and try it for yourself! Enjoy :)

No comments: