The sweetness from the maple syrup, tang from the lemon juice, spice from the thyme and then just the asparagus and tofu tossed in, wonderful, absolutely, hands down, on your knees begging for more amazingly incredible.
Lemon and Thyme Glazed Asparagus and Tofu
Recipe taken and slightly adapted from here
Not the greatest picture I know, I'm sorry.
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups of uncooked brown rice
- 1 bunch of asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces (about 4 cups chopped)
- 1 package extra firm tofu - drained
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup lemon juice - freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp cornstach + 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 tsp thyme