Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Shalalaaa...

Oh hhhaaaappppy daaaaay,

Okay, it may be the first day back at work after a three day weekend, and to many of you that may not sound like fun, but to me, it's great.  Why might you ask?  Well, this weekend is ALSO a long weekend, woohoo!  No, my long weekend didn't consist of any huge parties, or any long adventures in the woods on my bike, or any crazy shopping sprees (other than seeing crazy people at 9:30 am on a Saturday morning rushing through the aisles of Ikea... yes, the people were nuts).  My weekend was spent lounging, relaxing, and chillin' like a villain, but I loved it.

This morning was also a great morning.  I did 40 minutes of biking, which felt absolutely amazing because on the weekend I definitely slacked.  I then made a deliciously amaziiiiinggggg smoothie.  I gulped, and enjoyed, and mmmm'ed and awwww'ed.  I loved it, it was perfect, it was divine, it was spectacular.  It was the perfect way to start a Monday after a long weekend.  This week, I see this appearing very frequently.  I've been on a roll of adding cacao nibs in everything I think they'd taste good in (thanks pops for picking them up for me, because they are wonderbar)!

Now onto the oh-so-amaziingg breakfast smoothie, oh how I love smoothies.

Banana Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie

Recipe by me

Ingredients:
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1/2 cup vanilla rice milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 large handful of spinach
  • 1 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tbsp homemade peanut butter

Topped with:
  • Peanuts
  • Cacao nibs
Zucchini Noodles with Arrabiata Noodles

Recipe taken from here

 As for lunches, and dinners, legumes, legumes, legumes.  I'm getting addicted. Avocadoes.  Tomatoes.  Corn.  Spinach.  Ugh, I'm just loving these simple, and delicious salads.  However, on the weekend I decided to spice it up, use those ingredients, and make a delicious, warm salad instead of a cold.  It was by far one of the best meals I've had in a long time.  I seriously sat there in amazement at what I had just made (yes, it was after following a recipe, so it wasn't my own creation... but I am darn thankful I can follow recipes.  No, I may not be able to read maps well, follow a GPS' instructions clearly or turn at the right intersection but I can read a recipe and replicate it 100% the same).  Of all the thing's I've ever made on my blog, meal-wise, I would have to say to this by-far at the top of my list.  I felt like I had reached pure mental calmness, an earthquake could of shook my kitchen and it wouldn't of shaken me, it was just, ah, wil
l be making again soon!

Arrabiata sauce:

The sauce takes longer than the noodles, so get the sauce on the stove before shredding your zucchini.

Ingredients:
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp dried red pepper flakes
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes, with juice
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
  • 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Instructions:

In a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat.  Add the onions and garlic and sauté until the onion starts to caramelize, which will take about 10 minutes.  Add the pepper flakes and red pepper and cook until the pepper softens, about 2 minutes.  Add the tomatoes and heat until the sauce begins to simmer. Lower heat and cook (uncovered) until thickened, about 15 minutes. Stir frequently.

Stir in the basil and chickpeas. Add salt and pepper, to taste.  Cook about 5 more minutes, until everything is heated through.

Zucchini “Noodles”:

Ingredients:
  • 2-3 zucchinis
  • EVOO
  • Pepper
Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Slice the ends off two to three zucchinis.  Use a vegetable peeler to shave off strips of zucchini. It’s easier than you think it’ll be.  On a baking sheet, layer the zucchini a few layers deep, and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper on top.  Bake for about ten minutes, until the zucchini has lost its crunch.

 

What sort of delicious meals did you enjoy over the weekend?

1 comment:

xlpharmacy reviews said...

All these recipes are incredible but the Banana Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie seems delicious,I'll make it tomorrow I can't wait to make it.