Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Coriander and Kale Mixed Nut Pesto

Recipe by me

I don't know what it is lately but I have been drawn, attracted, drooling over pesto recipes. This is not natural for me. I have never ever been a fan of pesto. The only thing I ever liked about having pesto in the house was that they always seem to come in super duper cute jars. Yes, I like to keep my spices in these cute pesto jars.

When I went to the grocery store the other day I bought a package of cilantro for some fish I wanted to make. However, that only took a little amount so I had to use up the coriander somehow. I decided that I would try pesto again. I mean, when I had tried pesto in the past my diet wasn't the healthiest and my taste buds were certainly not accustomed to those flavours, so I decided to adjust the pesto as to how I felt would be satisfying to me.

I definitely hit the nail on the head. The pesto was delicious. I even loved the smell of it. At first it smelt like fresh cut grass (I actually love that smell), with the added nuts and kale oh it was heavenly. I started digging into the pesto with my homemade Wheat Thins, it was definitely a party in my mouth. Who knows, next time maybe I'll try another variation of pesto, although I know it will certainly not be with parsley, yuck.

Ingredients:
  • 1 bunch of coriander, leaves only
  • 8-10 kale stems, ribs removed
  • 1/2 cup pine nuts
  • 1/2 cup unsalted cashew nuts
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
Directions:

Add the kale, coriander, pine nuts and cashews into the bowl of a food processor and blitz until finely chopped. With the motor running add the olive oil in a steady stream through the open feeder shoot and process until it’s the consistency of pesto. Be careful not to leave it too long or it will liquidise, and ugh... when they say "green monster" smoothies I don't think they mean that ;).

I didn't add much EVOO because of what I am going to be adding this pesto to, you will have to wait a few days to see what I added it too!

No comments: