Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Blueberry Pomegranate Nectarine Papaya Smoothie + Fresh Fruit Popsicles

Blueberry Pomegranate Nectarine Papaya Smoothie

I decided to make myself a smoothie for breakfast, quick and easy. Recently when I've been making smoothies I've been making them with water instead of dairy products, or in my case I'd be making it with soy milk because cow's milk gives me the heebie jeebies. I think some of it is the fact that I think I've started to become intolerant to certain dairy products since I don't even eat cheese anymore. The only dairy I ever eat is yoghurt. I really do like the taste of non-dairy smoothies because they just go down like water, HAHAHA I'm hilarious... Anyways, so this was just something I winged together and it came out absolutely amazing! Mmmm, just thinking about it is making me happy. I know smoothie's are a really simple thing to make, and you don't really need a recipe, but it's nice to see people's version's and get ideas from them!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup blueberry pomegranate yoghurt
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 nectarine
  • 1 cup papaya
  • 1 cup papaya with sugar and water (used leftover papaya from my papaya simple syrup, so this added lots of sweetness to the drink)
Directions:

Mix all ingredients in a blender until smoothe. Depending on how thick you like your smoothies add more yoghurt if you'd like it thicker.

Nectarine and Pineapple Popsicles

Pineapple Popsicle & Nectarine Popsicle

Over the past few months I have seen hundred of blogs about making healthy, sinful looking popsicles. I had been so incredibly jealous that I didn't have popsicle molds that I went into my recycling been to see if there were any yoghurt containers. There were two. I wanted to make a ton. Instead I just waited a few days, ate some yoghurt, and cleaned them out. I decided I was going to keep these yoghurts as simple it gets. Pureed fruit. Yup, one ingredient. I know, with all the bazillion recipes out there I could have made something totally beautiful but I was glad I stuck to my one ingredient popsicle since it was just like having my afternoon fruit snack, but in frozen form. So, how to? Take your fruit, puree it, add to your molds (or yoghurt container), insert popsicle stick (or in my case because I'm so ghetto, I used candy mold sticks), and put into the freezer until frozen. Does it get any more simpler? Don't think so. If you wanted to make them a little fancier though, puree fruit and make layers of the fruit in your molds. Mmmm, I'm going to try making some popsicles sometime soon since I decided to go out and actually buy myself two popsicle molds! Woohoo.

Pineapple Popsicle & Nectarine Popsicle

Enjoy!

No comments: