Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Homemade Dairy Queen "Blizzard"

Homemade Dairy Queen Blizzard

Don't have enough money for a Dairy Queen Blizzard? Look no further! You have come to the right place. Not only is this the EASIEST recipe of life, but it certainly doesn't break the bank either. I'm not sure where I found this recipe, but it's so easy you don't even need a recipe. It pretty much taste exactly like a Blizzard too, depending on the duration of how long you beat the ice cream, and the toppings you decide to put in. I'm so glad I found this simple simple recipe. I am a GIGANTIC Blizzard fan. I mean I crave them ALL THE TIME. Ice cream is my weakness, and lately I've been really good and have steered far from them, however, I feel as though I'm going to give in any day now, until then, I will stick with my healthy homemade Blizzard!

Ingredients:
  • Vanilla ice cream (or if you want to be adventurous another flavour that is smoothe)
  • Toppings - I decided to be healthy and chose banana, strawberry and pineapple
Directions:
In your Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer, using the paddle attachment, add the ice cream and toppings and simply beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Make sure not to overbeat the ice cream because it will melt a lot faster.

Other Topping Ideas:
  • Nuts: walnuts, pecans, almonds
  • Chocolate: Skor, Reeses Pieces, Cookie Dough, Bounty, Coffee Crisp, etc...
  • Fruit: unsweetened coconut, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, kiwi, etc...
  • Spices: dried ginger, cinnamon, dried apricots, dried pineapple, dried papaya, etc...
Homemade Dairy Queen Blizzard
Enjoy :)

No comments: