Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Chocolate Meringues

Chocolate Meringues

Recipe taken from Martha Stewart's Cookie book or here

I had never had meringues before and kept coming across them on numerous blogs. I couldn't sleep one night, and I figured what better way to waste time then meringues. I mean they do take a few hours to make, and I knew I wouldn't be sleeping for that a couple more hours so I figured I would make some... it was already 1 in the morning... These were fun to make. It was one of the first times I ever whipped egg whites to that extent, it was amazing to see them turn into marshmallow-like substances. I liked the way these turned out. They were extremely light and airy. It wouldn't be one of my go-to cookies, but it was definitely nice for a change, and it allowed me to experiment and kill time for one night! I took the recipe from Martha Stewart's Cookie book, but I couldn't find it online, so I found a recipe that is pretty much identical except for the fact that mine didn't have espresso powder or chocolate chips, other than that identical.

Enjoy :)

No comments: