Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Bailey's Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

Bailey's Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe taken from here

How does a baker celebrate getting into BAKING school? Is it by having a shot of alcohol? Of course not! It's by baking some cookies and adding the alcohol into the batter of course! I was so excited when I finally got into my program, because I have been waiting so long for that acceptance letter. I cannot wait to go to school in September! So congratulations to me, I baked cookies with Bailey's in them! These were fantastiiiic cookies! So so good, and the smell, oh I cannot even tell you. I love the smell of Bailey's, I love the taste of Bailey's, I love absolutely everything about it. These are definitely going to be made again because they are fantastic, especially when you're craving some alcohol but don't want to actually drink it.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
  • 1/2 cup Baileys Mint Chocolate Irish Cream
  • 2-1/4 cups cake flour (sift before measuring)
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 pkg. (6 oz.) peppermint chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions:

Preheat oven to 375ยบ F.

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until smooth. Add egg, vanilla and Baileys; blend well. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to mixture a little at a time, until thoroughly blended. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.

Drop by the spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments: