Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Mock Banana Bread


Over the past couple of weeks I have been coming up with recipes for baking that not only do I think tastes better than a lot of recipes, but are healthier. When I stumbled across this recipe I knew I had to make it. When it first came out, I was a little confused. Mine did not look the way Galya's did, but the taste... oh boy the taste! These were amazing. They weren't bread like, nor were they cracker like... they were more so of a bar like substance. When I brought them to work everyone gave me a weird eye, but then when I let them try it their wandering eyes left. Truthfully that seems to be happening with a lot of the food I have been bringing in haha. So... I used this recipe as inspiration and changed only a few things.
  • Instead of vanilla powder (the one my mom has upsets my stomach... so I used peanut butter chocolate flavoured whey powder)
  • Instead of oat bran I used wheat bran
  • I then used one tsp of BOTH the pumpkin spice and cinnamon - trust me was well worth it
If you currently have brown bananas in your freezer, think twice about making your usual banana bread and try this out. It really is worth giving it a shot! Delicious!

No comments: