Recipe adapted from http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/05/macaroni-salad-with-tomatoes.html
Macaroni in my house has always been a little different than the norm. We always made it with tomato juice and cheese. You may think that's really gross, but once you make it is absolutely amazing. I haven't eaten it since September, but boy do I crave it everyone once in a while. Due to my illness, I suppose you could say, I stopped eating bread and pasta products in September. Whenever I post pictures with those products it will have been of food I made for the bf. With that being said, I still look for recipes that contain those foods, because he enjoys food like that.
After doing a little bit of recipe searching, I found the above link. If it hadn't of been for me not being able to eat pasta, I would have gobbled it down. I'm going to show the ingredients I used, because I changed it up quite a bit, and if you're interested in making it, just follow the link and follow the directions!
- 6 oz uncooked elbows not sure how much I used since I just threw them in the pot
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise Renee's Buttermilk Ranch dressing
- 1 tbsp white vinegar did not use this
- dash garlic powder did not use this
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2.5 oz sliced black olives
- salt and pepper