Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Macaroni Salad with Tomatoes and Black Olives


Recipe adapted from http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/05/macaroni-salad-with-tomatoes.html

Macaroni in my house has always been a little different than the norm. We always made it with tomato juice and cheese. You may think that's really gross, but once you make it is absolutely amazing. I haven't eaten it since September, but boy do I crave it everyone once in a while. Due to my illness, I suppose you could say, I stopped eating bread and pasta products in September. Whenever I post pictures with those products it will have been of food I made for the bf. With that being said, I still look for recipes that contain those foods, because he enjoys food like that.

After doing a little bit of recipe searching, I found the above link. If it hadn't of been for me not being able to eat pasta, I would have gobbled it down. I'm going to show the ingredients I used, because I changed it up quite a bit, and if you're interested in making it, just follow the link and follow the directions!
Ingredients:
  • 6 oz uncooked elbows not sure how much I used since I just threw them in the pot
  • 2 tomatoes, diced
  • 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup light mayonnaise Renee's Buttermilk Ranch dressing
  • 1 tbsp white vinegar did not use this
  • dash garlic powder did not use this
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 2.5 oz sliced black olives
  • salt and pepper
So, this along with a very healthy appetizer (which I will not be posting until tomorrow, so make sure to come take a look) is what I made for the bf for dinner. When he tried this eyes instantly lit up, "you did well Sam!". He enjoyed it a lot. It means a lot to me, especially considering dishes with pasta and bread I don't try it before serving it. This as mentioned in Gina's blog is definitely good for a bbq, but I would think it would also be great for a picnic, or a lazy summer afternoon, or just anything really. It's really simple to make, and it also looks great too!

Enjoy :)

1 comment:

PIKACHULOVER1337 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.