Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Flourless Secret Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

As I have mentioned before I have become very good at not eating what I bake. I've become good at doing that with chocolate as well, so good that I still had Christmas chocolate. I have been starring at this chocolate every single time I open my fridge since about January when I first put them in the fridge. It has not been easy for... the boyfriend. He will send me text messages, pester me when I'm in bed, and I always say no, you can't eat them yet. Well, I decided, it's been long enough, and I need to put a stop to the boyfriends cravings, so I started to think of what kind of cookies goes well with caramel and hazelnut. In case you're wondering the chocolate I had leftover was a pack of Rollo chocolates, and two Toblerone bars. With this I thought peanut butter! Peanut butter and caramel is an amazing combo, and I'm sure it would be with hazelnut as well. So back I was into the kitchen with my spatula and bowl mixing away to make a great combination of desserts.
On the left, the thicker cookies are the one's with the Rollo interior, and on the right, the flatter cookie is the one with the Toblerone interior.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup chunky peanut butter, unsweetened
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 Rollo chocolate bar (optional)
  • 2 Toblerone bars (optional)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Combine the peanut butter, sugar, cornstarch and baking soda in a bowl. When it's well mixed, add the egg and continue to mix until the egg is well incorporated. The dough will also lose it's sticky, gooey consistancy.

With your fingers grab a walnut amount of dough and squish down. In the centre place your chocolate piece. Carefully ball it, making sure that the whole chocolate piece is covered, remember these are surprise peanut butter cookies. If there is any excess dough on the shaped ball, either take it off so you can make more cookies, or keep it on for extra peanut buttery goodness. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart

Bake for about 12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned; the centre should still be soft. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool on the cookie sheet.

Made 27 for me.Now go on, start cooking and get yourself a biiiiig glass of cold milk!

1 comment:

PICKACHULOVER1337 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.