Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Pine Nuts

So this week was definitely a trial and error week. As you will see, unfortunately almost every recipe failed. This one did not fail, I just really didn't enjoy the taste. I had never had Brussels sprouts, except for a couple of weeks ago when I was in Montreal and took the tiniest bite of my moms. I decided this week when I was at the grocery store that I would take another salivary leap. The first few bites were good, however, after that they started tasting like dirty feet to me. This is why I cannot eat broccoli. I have not been able to since I was a child, because the smell and the taste, literally is dirty feet. I don't know why, but I just cannot get past it.

The recipe was really good though, and I mean if you are a fan of these feet-tasting vegetables, you should try this, especially if you're a fan of balsamic vinaigrette.

Ingredients:
  • 2 pounds Brussels sprouts (trimmed and halved)
  • 1 tablespoon EVOO
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup Balsamic vinaigrette
  • 1/4 cup pine nuts slices (toasted)
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated, optional)
Directions:
Toss the Brussels sprouts in the oil along with the salt and pepper.

Arrange the Brussels sprouts in a single layer on a baking sheet.

Roast in a preheated 400F oven until they start to caramelize, flipping them once in between, about 30 minutes.

Toss the Brussels sprouts in the balsamic vinaigrette along with the pine nuts and garnish with the Parmesan cheese.

No comments: