Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Yoghurt parfaits...

Yoghurt Parfaits...

These have been 90% of my snacks the past two weeks, I love fresh fruit and the combination of plain yoghurt.  It is so versatile, you can add pretty much anything and it still tastes' magnificent.  My recent addition to my parfaits have been dates.  I'd never tried them in a yoghurt parfait, but since I've been eating dates (just by themselves) as snacks for the past few weeks I figured I'd try adding them to my parfaits, and oh my goodness, perfection.  Dates make it so you don't have to add any additional sweeteners, such as agave nectar, maple syrup or sugar to your plain yoghurt, so now instead of sweetened yoghurt, you get your fresh fruit (which are already sweet), with your tart yoghurt and a huge kick of sweetness from your dates, yes I find the dates much sweeter than fresh fruit, which is why I keep it to only 3-4 dates.
We will start with my favourite combination of parfait that I've made up to date.

Raspberry Banana Yoghurt Parfait

  • Layer of strawberries
  • Layer of yoghurt mixed with 1 tbsp chia seeds + 1 tbsp flaked coconut
  • Layer of a heaping tbsp of raspberry jam
  • 1 banana, chopped
  • 3-4 dates, chopped
  • Flaked coconut, to top
Next in line, oh boy, this was fantabulous and definitely comes a very close-tie to being my favourite.

Strawberry Kiwi Yoghurt Parfait

  • Layer of yoghurt mixed with 1 tbsp chia seeds + 1 heaping tbsp raspberry jam
  • 1 banana, 1 kiwi, 5-6 medium sized strawberries tossed together in a bowl - layer of this
  • More yoghurt
  • More fruit
  • Topped with granola and flaked coconut
This was the first yoghurt parfait that I'd tried with the dates, and this is what sold me on the idea.  I love the combination of peaches and blueberry, then with the added sweetened yoghurt from the coconut with the topped dates, oh it was wonderful.  It's a great snack that leaves you refreshed especially on these crazy hot days that we've been having, and oi, has it ever been hot!

Blueberry Peach Yoghurt Parfait

  • Layer of 1 peach, chopped
  • Handful of blueberries
  • Layer of yoghurt mixed with 1 tbsp chia seeds + 1 tbsp flaked coconut
  • 3-4 dates, chopped
How do you enjoy eating your yoghurt?

No comments: