Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Salads do not cure hangovers.

Things I learnt in the last 48 hours...

Eating one gigantic, sugar-filled piece of cake with more ingredients that shouldn't even be considered "ingredients" before a night of drinking is a horrible, horrible idea.
Beer, liquid cocaine, grasshoppers, creme de menthe, cotton candy, and who knows what else should not be consumed in such large quantities, especially on a stomach filled with the aforementioned cake.

Cantaloupe does not make a stomach-ache caused from alcohol go away,
neither does a carbonated aspartame drenched fruit water make it any better.
A large bag of Nibs may be enticing, but it doesn't help either, it just leaves you desiring greesy, fat-filled foods.


Doing 45 minutes of intense biking surely does not make a weird stomach-hangover better.
Standing in the shower for 20 minutes (yes, I was quite aware of the water I was wasting, but at that moment didn't care about my personal morals) with hot water aimed at your stomach only makes awareness of nausea more apparent.


Eating a healthy salad consisting of:
  • 1/2 cup corn
  • 1/2 cup edamame
  • 1/2 cup peas
  • 1/2 cup Mandarin oranges
  • 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
  • 2 green onion stalks
  • Sea salt and pepper
...

may be really good for one's health, may taste absolutely incredible... but it doesn't satisfy when all one wants is a big, greasy, fat-filled vat of fries drenched in gravy (meat-free of course) with cheese (again, non-dairy).  

What is the trend here?
...
Eating cake that shouldn't be consumed by humans, drinking more shots than can be counted on two hands (especially when one abstains from alcohol pretty much 363 days of the year), trying to be healthy the next day by eating a flippin' salad and exercising does not cure a hangover.

However...

I may feel absolutely horrible today, and feel like complete death,
but I had the greatest birthday ever.

I had a wonderful night out with friends last night
Met some pretty rocking people 
Had more laughs than I could count for (even while slipping on the floor due to the water streaks tracked in the rain + of course too much alcohol)
Let myself loose, and didn't care about the ingredients and chemicals going into my body
Had a night that I surely will not forget

I believe it was worth it

*Note: the remaining cake has been thrown into the garbage.
As much as I hate throwing out food, looking at that cake, is like looking at something that reminds you of something painful.
I may really want that creamy, sugar-filled, artificially flavoured grossness but I know it's better being uneaten and wasted in the garbage.

What have you learnt in the past 48 hours?

No comments: