Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Just another day in paradise...

I don't know about you guys but I am hooked on "truffles"/"Larabar knock-offs", cookie dough bites, little baby bites, whichever name you choose to go by they are all good. I love them, they are healthy, delicious, bite-size, perfect for snacking on, adding into "Blizzard's", throwing into cookies or cheesecakes I love them and just can't get enough!

The latest one I came up with was deadly. You guys know I am hooked on coconut, whether it be coconut flakes, water, oil, extract, chocolate, cream, ugh, I love it all! This "truffle" is a little different than regular Larabars. The reason I say this is, when I was making it I had to keep in mind that my friend would be consuming it, and she is severely allergic to nuts. With that being said... that is the biggest percentage of ingredients in Larabars but I found a way! I'm so glad it worked because she's never had a Blizzard before and I wanted to introduce her to one, it might of been a knock-off, but it is even better than the regular Blizzards seeing as it's vegan, you can pronounce the ingredients, no artificial sweetener, it's just deelish.

So here is what I threw together!

Cherry Apricot Coconut Bites

Recipe by me

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup dried cherries
  • 1/4 cup dried apricots
  • Dash of sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 2 tbsp raspberry agave nectar
  • 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
Directions:

In the bowl of your food processor, whiz 1/2 cup of your flaked coconut. After a few moments throw in your dried fruits and whiz with your coconut. Add in remaining ingredients + coconut, whiz together until a ball forms. When the ball forms, roll into teeny "dough" balls of desired size. If you want roll in additional coconut or other desired toppings such as nuts/sprinkles.

I made a darn good smoothie the next morning with the Cherry Apricot Coconut Bites and here is what I did!

Tropical Paradise in a Cup

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup coconut water
  • 6-8 Cherry Apricot Coconut Bites
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla whey powder
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:

Whirl in the blender, top with an additional truffle ball and drink away!

Since I didn't take a picture of the Blizzard I made Jenna, I will show you a Blizzard of when I used my AMAZZIIIIIINGGGG Peanut Butter and Jam Truffles like I had promised but never showed!

Mock "Blizzard" Recipe

Ingredients:
  • 6-8 truffles
  • 2 frozen bananas (I also threw in a couple of strawberries)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1-2 tbsp milk
Directions:

In the bowl of your food processor add the milk, vanilla and bananas, process until it becomes an ice cream like consistency, DO NOT over-mix or you will have melted "ice cream", add in your truffles towards the end. Place in a bowl/cup and top with additional truffles, enjoy!

No comments: