Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Sweet Salads + 30 Day Shred Results

As I had mentioned a few posts ago I have been craving protein like it's coming out of style. If I was a meat eater, I don't even want to imagine what I would be shovelling down my throat, but I'm thankful I'm not, as I'm sure my body is too.

One thing I have noticed since the new year is that, yes I am eating 100% percent better, I haven't skipped a single meal as of yet, and I'm eating much larger portions. However, I've also noticed since I'm making bread I eat sandwiches much more often and haven't been eating salads as often. This makes me a little sad, because I love salad. It's crunchy, watery, healthy, you can add just about anything in the food chain to a salad and it always tastes' great. I've been eating my veggies yes, but my salads no.

I decided to change that though. I've made a few nice salads since I made the realization that my salad meals' were almost non-existent. I wanted my salads to be just as filling as if I were eating something with carbs, so the one recipe I looked to my favourite food sushi for some inspiration, and the other one were just flavours that I really like and threw them together.

Avocado, Edamame and Nori Salad

I don't have exact measurements as I just tossed some of my favourite sushi flavours together, but I will put approximate measurements.

On many blogs I've come across "sushi bowls" where you toss your favourite sushi ingredients into a bowl of rice. As much as I wanted to do that I was really craving some leafy greens and so I used that instead of rice. This really was such a simple and satisfying meal. It was filled with delicious flavours and came together in no time. Not only that, it really was filling. I liked it, and will sure play around with the flavours depending on what I have around the house!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1 nori sheet
  • 1/4 cup edamame, salted
  • 5 red chard leaves, chopped
  • Sesame seeds - garnish
  • Soy sauce - dressing
Directions:

Toss everything together and voila!

Avocado, Wasabi-Lime Tofu Salad

This was the same thing, no measurements, but I will do my best :)

Oh, I strongly recommend this salad! It was perfect! I had this after my work-out and it seriously hit the spot. It was refreshing, warming, and just overall delightful. I liked it so much, scratch that, I loved it.

Ingredients:
  • 1 mini cucumber, chopped
  • 1/4 package extra firm tofu
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1 head of Romaine lettuce
  • 2 tsp EVOO
  • Wasabi-lime mustard - dressing
  • Black sesame seeds - garnish
Directions:

In a small skillet add your EVOO. Cube your tofu. Once hot enough add your tofu. Let brown on each side, and allow it took until nice and crispy. Once done, add a touch of wasabi-lime mustard to coat the tofu. Set aside.

Place your greens as desired. Top with tofu, then sesame seeds.

Devour.

In continuing with my resolution yes I have indeed kept my word on everything, including working out. I am currently on day 17 of 30. I am enjoying it for the most part. I've found that the past couple days I've had really no motivation to do the work out. I've done it yes, but do I want to? Not really. It's not that I don't want to work out, it's that I find the whole 10 days of one circuit, 10 days of the next, and so on so incredibly redundant.

I know what Jillian is going to say it, when to pause, when to move on, what exercise is next by heart. I could literally act as Jillian and say what she is going to say as she's saying it through out the whole video. It get's old quickly.

Have I seen results? Yes. My photograph's don't really show it, but the results are there. As well as my knees degrading are there too. I've been trucking on, but my knees are not happy, no, no they are not. Oh well, only a few more days then, I'm going to try some other Biggest Loser work outs and see how they are. I'm going to mix it up so that I don't get sick of it, because I still want the motivation to be there! I love how I feel afterward, and the entire day just seems to be so relaxed and perfect, I really do love how working out makes one feel.

As for now here are pictures from day 10. When I'm done day 20 they will be posted shortly after, again forewarning it's not a beautiful photograph, but it's real, and it's what I look like... errr PG 14.


What kind of at home exercise do you do?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm doing the 30 day shred right now too, and I also find it very redundant. I'm getting kind of tired of Jillian Michael's voice so I put on my ipod and listen to my own music while I do it. I'm on day 20 and I definitely feel firmer and more toned although I'm pretty much the same size and weight.

Samantha said...

Today was day 24 for me, I'm actually LOVING circuit three. I'm really sick of Jillian's voice too, her telling me to gargle my throat and such just doesn't sit well with me. I'm the same size/same weight too but I definitely notice much more muscles. What do you plan on doing after the shred?