Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Chocolate Cherry Kisses Almond Walnut Cookies + Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies + Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Cherry Kisses Almond Walnut Cookies

Recipe adapted from here

So, I have still been on my c.c.c. kick lately, however, due to the holidays I've decided to alter a couple of recipes so that I don't have a thousand c.c.c. cookies. I took a recipe claiming to be the BEST c.c.c. EVER and altered it with some of the ingredients that I had purchased to make a special cookie.

These cookies are seriously amazing. I had to stick them in the freezer because having them out on the counter, starring at me it was doing me no justice. However, our freezer is in the basement, and my room is in the basement, so whenever I get a craving for something sweet I don't hesitate opening the big white freezer, gently taking off the plastic container and taking one or two of these sweet indulgent cookies, I mean, they are even just as fantastic when they're frozen since it adds an additional crunch to the cookie.

These cookies really are fantastic. Out of all the c.c.c. recipes I have tried this is one of the best recipes I have found. I mean as stated, they're so good they make me coming back for more and more. Come the New Year I will definitely be trying these cookies with just semi-sweet chocolate chips and make them as a regular c.c.c. but for now, they are adorned with special ingredients and were adapted for Christmas.

When I went to Walmart recently to pick up some photographs that I had gotten printed out I decided to take a quick walk around our newly renovated Superstore. My gosh, I was seriously in heaven. I'm not one of those crazies who are against Walmart *cough my mom and her boyfriend, however, I'm not an avid Walmart shopper. I'm not sure when they renovated this Walmart to be like this, but I can definitely tell you I hadn't been to a Walmart in probably a year. This place is gigantic and it had many ingredients that I had never seen before. This included CHERRY Kisses. I had seen them on a couple of blogs, and when I saw them in store my heart seriously missed a beat! I should of went to Walmart around Hallowe'en because I bet I would of found the Candy Corn Kisses and then Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tarts that I had been dreaming about.

Evidently I picked up a pack and was trying to figure out what I wanted to make with these. I could of made thumbprint cookies, but to me they're just not that original especially during this time of year. I looked for cherry inspired cookies, couldn't find anything. Since I had a list of c.c.c. I wanted to make I decided I would sub-in some ingredients and make it a special cookie.

Well it was definitely a hit. These cookies were amazing as stated above. If I can find these Kisses again I will certainly be making this combination again, if not I will surely make just a regular batch of c.c.c. You should definitely try these out, especially if you don't have any special cookies for the holidays, this will make your platter so special!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup salted butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp almond extract
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1 bag Cherry Kisses, coarsely chopped (watch out for the oozing liqueur)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar until very creamy (If using an electric mixer, beat 4 minutes on medium speed).

Add the eggs, vanilla, almond extract and beat until very creamy, about 2 minutes. Add baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Cookie batter should be somewhat thick. Finally, add Cherry Kisses and walnuts and mix well. If you want, refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to harden it a little and make it easier to work with.

Drop about 2 tablespoons of dough two inches apart onto a baking sheet lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, or lined with parchment paper.

Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.

Transfer cookies to a wire rack or a cool surface. Wait about 5 minutes before serving.

Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies

Recipe adapted from here

When my mom and I were perusing our local grocery store we went down the holiday section and to bewilderment we had something special, something we don't usually get at our grocery stores, and this is specialty limited edition holiday chocolates; Mint Truffle Kisses. We never get the specialty items like I see my fellow bloggers posting in their recipes. When I saw this, I put one of the random ingredients I was picking up and shoved it aside for my novelty chocolates. I was so excited to get home to sit on the computer and do some research on some mint chocolate chip recipes. I came across a couple, and this is the recipe that jumped out to me.

I could of made a generic c.c.c. cookie but I figured since I didn't have any chocolate recipes and I really wanted the mint truffle to pop I wanted to have a good contrast so I decided on a chocolate recipe. For me not being a fan of chocolate these were DEFINITELY awesome. The mint was not overpowering, nor was the chocolate. It was a perfect combination. The cookie was soft and chewy with a nice little crunch. Even immediately taken out of the freezer these are deeeelish.

Gave one to my friend to try, and then quite a few more disappeared, which is a good thing because I made these to put in my gift-tins, so it was good she liked them since I was the only one in the house who had tried and loved them. These are so great and will surely be made again whether I find the Mint Truffle Kisses or if I get lucky and happen to stumble on mint chocolate chips.

These are a great addition to a party platter, or a gift box. They add some pretty colour and throw in a beautiful flavour combination.

Try them out for yourself!

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2/3 cup dutch-process cocoa
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed and room temp
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1-1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp peppermint extract
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 bag of Mint Truffle Kisses
Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line baking sheets with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.

Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa, and set aside. Beat the butter on medium-high until light and add sugars, creaming well. Add the vanilla, peppermint extract and beat until smooth. Add the flour mixture in 2 batches, alternately with the milk in one batch, mixing well. Stir in the mint chips. Chill dough for at least 15 minutes. You can make the dough a few hours or 2 days before baking and it will be fine. Just wrap it up and keep in the fridge.

Scoop the dough onto a parchment- or silpat-lined cookie sheet, press down on them slightly, and bake for 14-15 minutes…for a normal size cookie. Let the cookies cool completely on the cookie sheet, they will set up as they cool. Store in an air-tight container, they will stay fresh for a couple of days.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recipe taken from here

Since the two above recipes were such a hit I figured I'd throw in an excellent c.c.c. recipe that I found. This is definitely one of the best c.c.c. recipes I've found since I've decided to seek the most amazing c.c.c. recipe. This one is hardy, its crunchy, chewy, with crispy caramely edges, with a soft ooey-gooey interior. I loved this cookie. It was honestly, one of the BEST c.c.c. I have ever had. Just like the above two, I stored the remaining of this recipe in a Tupperware in my freezer but I still keep going back for more. I love them and will no doubt be making more of these when I run out, which could seriously be this week...

I shared these with a few people, and the same reaction was given by each recipient, a giant smile filled with "mmmmm". Yeah, what do you think? You want to try it? I think you should!

P.S., these are surely worth the six hour refrigerator wait!

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Directions:

In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars until smooth and creamy. Scrape down bowl and add eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated. The mixture will look light and fluffy. Add vanilla and beat for 5 seconds.

Add half of the flour mixture and mix for 15 seconds. Add the remaining flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.

Cover the bowl tightly and place in refrigerator for 6 hours.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

Use your hands to shape into 2-tablespoon-sized balls. Place on prepared baking sheet, 1-inch apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes until edges are golden brown and the tops just start to darken.

Remove baking sheet from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Transfer the individual cookies to the wire rack to cool completely.

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

sonaly said...

PEPPERMINT CHOCOLATE This is pure delight for your taste buds.

CHERRY-MINT CHOCOLATE a burst of cherry zest

Both are great flavour