Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Crab and Avocado Salad

Recipe taken from here

I am a gigantic fan of Neptune salad. However, I never buy it in stores because they always put a heaping amount of mayo and I absolutely despise that condiment. I'm not sure why since it includes all ingredients that I eat separately, but together, I just can't do it, just thinking about it makes me want to gag. So, when I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it, since just my luck I had just bought three avocado's, a package of imitation crab, and many lemons, so I was quite happy. I made this exactly as is, I made half the batch with mayo, and my half without mayo. I may add some sour cream to make it bind a little more, but I'm actually perfectly happy without a sauce on it. Definitely delicious!

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups crab meat
  • 1 avocado, diced
  • 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
  • 2 green onions, diced
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • Fresh ground pepper
Directions:

In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients, stirring well. Serve immediately.

Enjoy :)

No comments: