Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Rice and Cheese Treasures


Recipe adapted from here

I liked the concept of these, because, my Nonna, (Italian grandmother) used to make us these potato as well as rice dumpling things ALL the time while growing up. They are definitely one of my fondest memories of her. I cannot figure out how to spell them, but they are an Italian dumpling. These I knew I must make, because I love anything with Asian inspiration, and I mean how cute are they? Not only are they super cute, but they were incredibly easy to make. I halved the recipe in two, and I got a lot of the rice balls even giving me a few "grandpa rice dumplings" as I called them, i.e. they were ginormous! These are definitely an easy snack to make, and are very filling so they will for sure be made time and time again.

Ingredients:
  • 2 Cheese Sticks - I used white mozzarella
  • 1 Cup Cooked Rice, I used Jasmine rice (it helps if the rice is sticky, so if you’re cooking the rice just for these ball, it helps to use a little extra water when making the rice)
  • 2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
Directions:

Cut cheese sticks into 1/2 inch cubes.

Take about 2 tbsp of the rice with moist or damp hands (to avoid sticking) and place the cheese in the center, rolling the rice into a ball around it.

Place the rice balls into a steamer pot over boiling water for 2 minutes. If you don’t have a steamer, place in the microwave for 10 seconds or just until the cheese melts.

Sprinkle with sesame seeds.

Serve.

Rice and Cheese Treasures

Enjoy :)

No comments: