Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Sweet Potato Hash

Sweet Potato Hash
Recipe taken from here

My friend was over, and while we were watching some movies I of course was on the internet browsing some food blogs. When I came across this recipe, I instantly paused the movie and asked her, "ya hungry?" I think she was a little confused, because this is when we first started hanging out since we were younger and I don't think she realized how odd my food obsession really was. I mean, if I'm in the mood to bake/cook something, even if I am incredibly exhausted I will fight those urges, walk up the stairs from my bedroom and go into the kitchen and get my hands dirty. I do this often, you can ask my mom's boyfriend, he'll go to bed at a reasonable time and wake up with baked goods on the counter. It is sort of a bad habit of mine, but it get's that desire off of my mind. So anywho, continuing on with my story I saw this recipe and boy oh boy. I only had a bite since I did make it for my friend, but WOWZA it was amaaaazzzing. I mean I loved it. It was kind of funny too, because the recipe as you can see includes Worcestershire sauce as one of the ingredients. My friend Jenna is incredibly allergic to peanuts as well as shellfish. She is always very safe when it comes to trying fish she hasn't had before, just in case it's not only shellfish she may be allergic too. However, she decided to be balls-y and said "go for it". HOWEVER, before she ate it she ran to the car and decided to show me how to use her epi-pen. I laughed so hard, although, I felt really nervous watching her show me, I mean if anything ever happened and I actually had to use it oh my. Again, getting back to the story though, this really was an awesome dish, and it would be great even as breakfast even though if I do recall it was around 11:30 pm/12:00 am when I made it for her. So yes, go on, try this recipe, awesome!

Ingredients:
  • 2-3 sweet potatoes, chopped into 1-inch cubes
  • EV olive oil
  • butter
  • salt & pepper
  • caramelized onions
  • Worcestershire sauce
Directions:

Caramelize some onions (about 1 giant sweet yellow onion) after it's done caramelizing add a few drops of the Worcestershire sauce, set aside. Heat up skillet with some EVOO and fry up the sweet potatoes until nice & crispy, season with salt and pepper. Towards the end of cooking add a few tablespoons of butter to the skillet to melt into the hash. Then add in a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce, mix until combined.

Sweet Potato Hash

Enjoy :)

No comments: