Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Pumpkin galore... cookies, loaf, scones, oatmeal, smoothie... yum yum yum.

Pumpkin Molasses Chocolate Chip Cookies

Pumpkin Molasses Chocolate Chip Cookies - The ones in the middle, I know it's not the greatest picture, I'm sorry.

This was a recipe that I came up with quickly. I knew I wanted to incorporate molasses since I absolutely love the flavour and this is what I came up with. I loved these. As simple as that.

Ingredients:
  • ½ tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 cups molasses
  • 1 cups pureed pumpkin
  • 1 tsp milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoons nutmeg
  • ½ teaspoon clove
  • 1 tsp ginger
  • ½ tsp pumpkin spice
  • 2 cups old fashioned oats

Directions:


Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.


In a large mixing bowl, mix sugar and oil, then blend in egg, pumpkin, milk, and vanilla.


In a separate bowl, mix flour with rest of dry ingredients, then blend into wet mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.


Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake for approximately 10 minutes.


Pumpkin Oatmeal Loaf

Pumpkin Oatmeal Loaf
Recipe taken from here

This was a delicious recipe. It incorporated about 80% of my favourite flavours, and it was bread I could eat so what could I complain about? Well, the picture I guess, not the prettiest, but it sure tasted great, so nonetheless, I will post picture, if it doesn't give you enough justice check out Annie's, as I'm sure her's will inspire you.

Ingredients:
  • ½ cup warm water
  • 1½ tbsp. instant yeast
  • 2/3 cup warm milk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1½ cups pumpkin puree
  • 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
  • ¼ tsp. ground ginger
  • ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
  • Dash of ground cloves
  • 6½ cups bread flour (approximately)
Directions:

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the warm water and yeast. Add in the milk, eggs, pumpkin, oil, brown sugar, salt, and spices. Mix briefly to combine. Add 4 cups of the bread flour to the bowl, and mix until a sticky dough has formed. Switch to the dough hook. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the remaining flour until you have a dough that is smooth and elastic, and not sticky. Transfer the dough to a well-oiled bowl, turning once to coat the dough. Cover the bowl with a damp kitchen towel and let the dough rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.

Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Divide in half. Press each pieces into a rectangle about 1 inch thick and no longer than 9 inches long. With the long side of the dough facing you, roll the dough firmly into a cylinder, pressing down to make sure the dough sticks to itself. Turn the loaf seam-side up and pinch the seam closed. Place the loaves in two well-oiled 9 x 5-inch loaf pans and press down gently so the dough touches all four sides of the pan. Cover with a towel and let rise until almost doubled, about 45 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 375° F. Bake the loaves for about 30 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the loaf reads 190° F. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.

Pumpkin Oatmeal Loaf

Pumpkin Scones

Pumpkin Scones

Yum, yum, yum. I'm a big fan of pumpkin and a big fan of scones. These were delicious. From the blog I got it from she said that they wer elike the one's from Starbucks. I don't go to Starbucks myself, and when I do go I always get their molasses cookies, I've never seen this scone however. Perhaps around Thanksgiving/Hallowe'en is when they have them and I'll have to scope them out. However, they're probably extremely expensive and these were awesome enough. I liked them without butter, but I'm sure if you slabbed on some butter these would be amazing still! Oh, now I'm getting a craving for this scone, darn it!

Recipe taken from here

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
  • 7 tbsps granulated sugar
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ½ tsp cinnamon
  • ½ tsp nutmeg
  • ¼ tsp ground ginger
  • ¼tsp ground cloves
Directions:

In a large bowl mix flour to your cloves. Mix in 6 tbsps cold, unsalted butter, cut into chunks.

In a separate bowl, mix in:

½ cup cooked pumpkin
3 tbsp milk
1 large egg

Combine wet ingredients with dry, being careful not to overwork the dough. This is tricky because they really don’t want to combine. I used a cutting motion with the side of my plastic spatula that is probably so not approved by the Culinary Institute of America but screw them, because these are the bomb anyway.

Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, pat to 1 inch thick and cut in the shape of your choice. Bake at 425˚ for 16 – 17 minutes. When done, remove to cooling rack to cool completely.


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recipe taken from here

Oh my goodness! I think this was my favourite recipe for my "pumpkin craze". They were amazing! They actually were hilarious in appearance too which made me like them even more. They had this uncooked/pillow-y type look to them. When you felt them, they almost felt like cooked jell-o, if that even exists. Man they were delicious though. These went like hot cakes too, I had brought them to Montreal, and my bf looks at me, he's like "did you make these for anyone in particular?" "No... you can eat them if you'd like", and so he ate the rest of the tin. On that note, let me also say, he is not a junk food fan so I was quite shocked and happy at the same time. They were amazing, oh yes they were!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until evenly combined. Set aside.

Cream the butter and sugar in your electric mixer with the paddle attachment (or use a hand mixer, or whisk vigorously by hand). Add the egg, then scrape the sides down and add the pumpkin and vanilla. Mix until incorporated.

Carefully, add the dry ingredients to the wet ones, stirring with the mixer or by hand until your dough forms. Fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the dough.

Use a small spoon to measure out little dough balls onto the prepared cookie sheet. With wet hands, press each dough ball down to form a small disc. Bake for 12 – 13 minutes in the center oven. Because of the pumpkin, you’ll have to bake these a little longer than usual or they’ll be too raw in the middle. They’re done when they begin to just crisp and lightly brown around the edges.

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

Recipe taken from here

When I had made this, I was all oatmeal'd out due to the fact that I had had been eating oatmeal for breakfast for a few days, but had found this recipe I wanted to try it out. Since I had my little guinea pig over i.e. my friend Jenna and she was hungry why not try it out on her? Kidddddding, but still... she really seemed to enjoy it, it looks delicious and it smelt absolutely scrumptious. I can't wait for Thanksgiving and Hallowe'en for my mother to buy lots of pumpkin cans and where I can try this out for myself. Yes, I know I can buy pumpkin cans all year long (obviously since it's August and I'm posting these recipes), but they are just so much cheaper around those times!

Ingredients:
  • 3 1/4 cups water
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 cups regular oats 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp ginger
Directions:

Bring the water and salt to a boil. Add oats, pumpkin, and brown sugar and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, stir in pumpkin pie spice and ginger.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies - Recipe Number 2


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies - If you look to the left, i.e. the bottom beside the first chocolate chip cookie recipe, and right above it those are them!

Recipe adapted from here

Since I wanted to try as many pumpkin recipes as possible with my can of pumpkin I decided to try another chocolate chip cookie recipe since the first ones were such a hit. These ones were fantastic, but the first recipe was... I'm not even sure of a word, pure bliss perhaps. These ones quickly disappeared however, so they were still a hit, but there was just something about the first ones and their soft pillow-y feel and taste to them. I liked these though since I decided to add butterscotch chipits to the mix as well and it made them that much sweeter. Yummy.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
Directions:

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter two baking sheets.

Stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices together in a medium bowl and set aside.

In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the eggs and sugar until smooth and lightened in color, about 1 minute. Stop the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl as needed during mixing. On low speed, mix the butter, pumpkin, and vanilla until blended. Mix in the flour mixture to incorporate it. Mix in the chips.

Scoop about 1/4 cup mounds of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing the cookies at least 2 1/2-inches apart.

Bake for about 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.

Pumpkin Oatmeal Smoothie

Pumpkin Oatmeal Smoothie
Recipe taken from here

Sick of your boring smoothies that you have day in day out? Try this. Not only does it incorporate the beautiful flavours of fall, you can have your hot oatmeal and drink it too! I loved this, I thought it was so inventive and original. It was packed with flavour, the only thing however I would change is maybe taking out the anise. To be honest, I just don't think it flowed very well with the other flavours in the drink, it was still delicious but you could tell there was one item that didn't belong, and that item was the anise. It was a delicious drink nonetheless!

Ingredients:
  • 1 (1.23 ounce) package maple and brown sugar oatmeal
  • 1-1/2 cups vanilla soy milk, as needed (depending on how thick your like your smoothie)
  • 3 cups ice cubes
  • 2 teaspoons brown sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon anise extract
  • 1 pinch nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 5 tablespoons pumpkin purée, as needed
  • 1 ounce whey protein powder (optional)
  • 5 tablespoons maple syrup, to taste
Directions:

Combine the maple and brown sugar oatmeal and 1/2 cup of vanilla soy milk in a small bowl. Place in the microwave for 2 minutes.

Combine the oatmeal, pumpkin purée, whey protein powder (if used), ice cubes, maple syrup and all the spices in a blender. Blend all the ingredients for about 2 minutes. While the mixture is blending, add the remaining vanilla soy milk. The consistency of the smoothie should be smooth and creamy.

You'll get about a yield of 3-3/4 cups. Pour into 4 glasses.

Baked Banana with Pumpkin Butter

Baked Banana with Pumpkin Butter

Recipe taken from here

This was an absolutely AMAZING breakfast. I can't even tell you. This is just something you need to make for yourself to see for yourself how good it is. Yum! I devoured this bad boy in so little time. For the pumpkin butter however, I had to change it up a bit since my friend is allergic to peanuts and I was making this for her as well, so instead of the almond butter I swapped it with applesauce, it was still really good :).

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 ripe banana sliced lengthwise
  • 1 tsp agave
  • 1-2 Tbsp pumpkin butter (recipe below)
  • Cinnamon, to taste
Directions:

Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees.

Spray a piece of foil with cooking spray and lay the banana slices on top. Fold the sides up so it makes a small tray but the top is open so you can see the banana.

Pour the agave on top and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the banana is hot and melty.


Top with a dollop of pumpkin butter.

Pumpkin Butter


Pumpkin Butter
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup almond butter
  • 1 Tbsp agave
  • 2 Tbsp maple syrup
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla
Directions:

Blend ingredients until smooth.


Hope you enjoyed this massive post!

No comments: