Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Oatmeal Salmon Burgers + 3 Types of Chips with a Sour Cream Garlic Dip

Oatmeal Salmon Burgers
Recipe taken from here

So I have made salmon burgers before which were totally amazing, more so because they were asian inspired, and I love Asian flavours. This recipe here however, was so completely different but so amazing. When I showed my mom she was like "Sam those aren't salmon burgers, those are oatmeal cookies", (I had showed her them over Skype). I have to admit they did look like oatmeal cookies, but boy were they amazing. One of the best ways I've ever had salmon to be honest. They just tasted so fresh and flavourful, boy oh boy. This is a recipe I would DEFINITELY recommend. It would be amazing as an appetizer, side dish, main dish, oh and did I say how insanely easy they are to make? They were a breeze to make and took no time at all, which completely rocks.

Ingredients:
  • 1 can Wild Alaskan Salmon
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1/2 lime, zested
  • 2 tsp sesame oil
  • 1/4 tsp ginger
  • Dash of pepper
Directions:

In a large bowl combine ingredients above (salmon through pepper). Mix well with hands.

Form mixture into 4-5 patties. Heat a greased skillet over medium heat. Add patties to skillet. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, flipping after 5.

Remove from skillet, place on bun if desired or eat as so (which I did and it was GREAT), and add desired toppings.

Oatmeal Salmon Burgers

When I made these salmon burgers I had also made some homemade potato chips, eggplant chips, sweet potato chips with lime and served with a nice sour cream garlic dip. I have always loved the taste of potato chips, but seeing as store-bought one's are loaded with preservatives, fat, tonnnns of sodium I never eat them. In fact, it's been almost eight years since I've had store-bought potato chips. When I saw that I could make homemade potato chips I jumped for the occasion. I love making chips now especially since I bought my mandolin makes it so so much easier now! These taste absolutely fantastic, and you can do top them with absolutely anything you want, what more can you want?

Sweet Potato Chips with Lime
Recipe taken from here

Ingredients:
  • Sweet potatoes, as many as you like
  • Cooking spray
  • Sea salt
  • Zest from 2 limes
Directions:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Using a mandolin, food processor, or a sharp knife, slice your scrubbed (but not peeled) sweet potatoes into thin slices. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray paper with cooking spray. Lay potato slices on the sheet, then spray again with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and lime zest. Bake 20 minutes, then remove from oven to turn slices over. (No need to spray them this time.) Sprinkle with salt and lime zest again. Return to oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes. Watch carefully to prevent burning. You may need to remove a few chips from the tray that are browning too fast. Just return the remainder to the oven to finish baking.

Sweet Potato Chips with Lime

For the potato chips as well as the eggplant chips do the exact same thing!

Homemade Potato Chips
Homemade Potato Chips

I also served the chips with a really nice sour cream garlic dip, it is so simple yet it tastes' absolutely amazing!

Ingredients:
  • Sour cream
  • Minced garlic to taste
  • Couple squirts of lemon juice
Directions:

Mix desired amount in a bowl and serve. Simple and delicious.


Potato Chips, Eggplant Chips, Sour Cream Garlic Dip

Enjoy :)

No comments: