Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Mint Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies


About a year and a half ago I found a found a bag of mint chocolate chips. I held onto these mint chips like people hold onto those outfits for the special occasions. I knew I was going to use these mints in that PERFECT recipe. I had searched and searched and nothing jumped out at me. The reason I held onto these for so long is because I do not live in the US, we never have cool things like this in our supermarket, I did go back to this grocer the other day and they still sell them, but I wasn't going to risk that. Unfortunately they aren't the cool green mint's like Guitard's, but they still deliver a killer taste. My search was finally over when I found a recipe that jumped out. I'm not sure where I got it from and I altered it quite a bit as well unfortunately. These cookies were definitely worth waiting a year and a half for. These were devoured in so little time. Everyone loved them. They tasted like a Pep. If you're a chocolate fan and a mint fan these are THE cookie for you. And to think years ago I absolutely despised the taste of mint, now I can't seem to get enough of it. Oh boooyyy.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup softened butter
  • 6 tbsp sugar
  • 6 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • ½ tsp peppermint extract
  • 1 ¼ cup flour
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 8 broken pieces Oreo Cookies
  • 1 cup mint chocolate chips
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter, and sugars until well combined. Add egg and peppermint extract until mixed well.

Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl, stir to combine. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients then stir in oreos and mint chocolate chips until just combined.

With a medium cookie scoop, scoop onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cooked, but still soft. Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

Enjoy, and if you don't want to share, I don't blame you!

No comments: