Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Sweet Potato and Black Bean Patties

Recipe taken from http://inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com/2010/03/friday-love.html

I had saved this recipe a couple weeks ago, and looking at it my mouth literally started to water. I kept saying "I'll make it tonight!" and just never got around to it. Well the other day while the bf was at work, I decided this is what we are going to eat for dinner. Eh... I did not have fun. The recipe was extremely simple to make, and took barely any time at all, or it might of, but I was watching tv at the same time, so I didn't notice if it did or not.

Well, I was extremely unsatisfied with this recipe. When I went to fry the patties, it literally became a scramble. They would not stick together, even though they had gone through the food processor for quite some time. I decided to put them in the freezer. I put them in for almost 40 minutes. The batch I made that fell apart were for me, I was eating before he got back because I was starting to get hungry and didn't want to wait until seven. When he got home, the same thing happened to him, even though they had literally been in the freezer since I had attempted mine.

Being the sandwich fan that he is, I told him to just make it into a scramble then we could put it on toast. This is what we did. Toasted some bread, put some lettuce, some dressing, and put this odd potato scramble on top.

At this point he really enjoyed it, he had four sandwiches all together. I overall did not like the taste, but at least he did. I'm not knocking the recipe down at all, as mentioned I couldn't wait to try it, it was just one of those things that when I tried it, it just didn't do anything for me.

No comments: